VP Logistics at Casper
Casper is looking for a VP of Logistics. As a member of the senior management team and reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the VP of Logistics is functionally responsible for all internal and external transportation and warehousing activities for Casper. The qualified person has the responsibility and obligation to ensure Casper complies with all national and local transport and safety regulations along with our external carrier network. The VP of Logistics will ensure products are received, stored and transported at the lowest possible cost while executing best in class service levels.
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep products—including mattresses, pillows, bedding, and furniture—designed in-house by the Company’s award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns and operates Sleep Shops across North America and its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Leadership: Hire and develop a team culture consistent with Casper’s values to become recognized for engagement, executional excellence and process-honoring behaviors. Collaboration and successfully managing across all internal functions is a must.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with senior leadership to understand business pain points and provide solutions through benchmarking processes; Work alongside key members of the executive team to define and implement the logistics operating model necessary to enable business growth
- Continuous Improvement/Process Implementation: Develop best-in-class logistics, warehousing and inventory business processes capable of ensuring consistent delivery of goods, minimize stock outs and consistently improve on time delivery results exceeding customers’ expectations.
- Thought Leadership: Assess current warehouse and distribution operations to identify and implement best structure, geography, execution practices to optimize service to customers, profitability, and business continuity.
- Strategy: Develop and implement multi-year strategies for transportation management and warehouse storage/handling objectives consistent with Casper’s strategy. Partner with executive team to evaluate, recommend and operationalize strategic logistics operating partners
- Third-Party Supplier Management: As required, negotiate and select from a vast range of third-party providers for transportation and warehouse services aligning with the strategic growth of the business. Directing and managing external providers to achieve scorecard/metric expectations will require significant time to ensure accountability and meet continuous improvement cost/service expectations.
- Special Projects: Undertakes special projects as assigned dependent upon knowledge or experience.
- Technology: Initiate and implement technologies that drive efficiency and effectiveness
- BS/BA degree in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field from an accredited college/university; MBA or MA/MS in supply chain is a plus.
- 15+ years in operations and supply chain experience, including oversight of production, logistics, and distribution. Proven experience in leading and operating Distribution Centers of 150,000-350,000 SF, preferably within wholesale, retail or 3rd Party Logistics Fulfillment.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with warehousing, transportation and logistics operations in a Central/regional Distribution Center environment.
- Experience in an environment recognized for driving continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Transportation and warehousing compliance knowledge and experience operations.
- Warehouse design and corresponding equipment utilization experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact with all levels of the organization effectively. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or related software and basic data analytics.
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, no cost well-being apps like Headspace and Aaptiv
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Gifted product when you join and product discounts for friends and family!