At Alma, we’re making it easier for people to access high quality, affordable mental health care by supporting providers in building thriving private practices. We believe that when therapists have better resources, they’re able to provide better care to their clients. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Our product experience is designed to empower people in their search for mental health care, offering multiple pathways and individualized support, if and when someone needs it. Alma has raised funding from incredible investors like Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, and First Round Capital, and was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Health in 2020.
The VP of Operations will be an important member of the Alma leadership team. Partnering with our COO, Laura Scott, the VP of Operations will focus on building teams, scaling systems, and providing a best in class experience for our provider membership as we expand nationwide. The winning candidate will be someone who combines people leadership with hands on problem solving in the technology space and is comfortable working in a fast paced, collaborative culture. You will work closely with the rest of the Alma Leadership team and Product & Engineering teams to help Alma achieve its mission of bringing affordable, high quality mental health care to everyone.What you’ll do:
- Learn our business by leading our Insurance Operations team for the first 6-9 months of your tenure. Then recruit an amazing leader for Insurance Operations while you step up to lead both Insurance Operations and Customer Experience (~100 person team).
- Drive improvements to workflows and processes to streamline operations while you work closely with Product & Engineering to scale tools, systems and processes.
- Recruit, develop and retain top talent with a strong focus on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Inspire and lead the team to drive up KPIs and continue to deliver on company goals, pushing us closer to achieving our mission.
- Collaborate with teams like Marketing, Sales, Product and Finance to share data-driven insights and influence company strategy
- Build an operations organization that is highly collaborative, engaged and motivated to help Alma achieve its full potential.
- You have 10+ years of experience leading teams in high growth, operational areas
- You’ve partnered with Product & Engineering to explore, develop and implement technology solutions allowing the business to scale
- You have exceptional analytical skills and ready to roll up your sleeves to solve problems in addition to helping the team develop their data fluency
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to foster consistent delivery of brand voice and tone across multiple customer-facing channels
- You have excellent business acumen and can toggle between 10K feet and the weeds
- You’re very well versed on customer experience tools and reporting - ideally you have experience with Salesforce, Zendesk and Guru
- You have managed a remote team and are excited at the chance to build out a remote organization
- You can build relationships and drive cross-organization alignment
- You have a deep passion for our mission and the future of mental health
- You’ve worked in a fast paced startup, even better if it was in the healthcare sector
- You lead with empathy and inclusivity to build a safe and equitable space for all