Hi, we're Brigit! A financial health app for the everyday American. By using cash flow data to automate finances, not only do we help people today, but also empower them to start saving for tomorrow. Brigit analyzes data from billions of individual bank transactions and formulates a deep understanding of each member’s cash-flow mismatches and spending habits. Using that data, we're able to send no-fee predictive advances and help millions of Americans avoid late payment fees, predatory overdraft fees, and interest rates. Our initial product is focused on disrupting the predatory $44 Billion payday loan and overdraft market and our future products will continue to empower and improve the lives of over 100M underserved Americans.
Brigit is looking to hire an experienced VP of Operations who will lead our company operations while supporting management in our growth plans. We are looking for someone who has expertise in leading organizations at a senior level, is passionate about the development of others, and can think highly strategically, while at the same time being able to roll up one's sleeves when needed.
Reporting to the CEO, the ideal candidate has experience in scaling a fast-paced consumer FinTech company or in retail banking with extensive knowledge of digital products. The role requires the candidate to have proficiency in operational excellence, process optimization, analytics, customer service, and a solid understanding of relevant regulation and credit structuring. The right person will undoubtedly be a thought partner for the cofounders in how we build and scale the business to achieve our mission to improve the lives of our users.
What You Have
- 7+ years of experience in strategic and operational roles in companies with high growth including at least 5 years in fintech
- Strong working knowledge of operational compliance and a strong understanding of Risk and Regulation frameworks
- Persuasive communication style with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and capable of presenting complex information in an easy to understand format
- The ability to work with the team at all levels, in an open office setting, within a highly collaborative environment and start-up culture
- A passion to make a social impact and to help build a business that dramatically improves people’s lives
- You constantly question the status quo and believe there is always a way we can continuously improve
- The ability to execute on today's challenges while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset around where we'll be six months, a year, and several years from now
- Meet targets, optimize performance, achieve customer satisfaction and identify improvement opportunities
- Proven successful implementation of strategic operational projects to completion while successfully managing stakeholders, including C-suite
What You'll Be Doing
- Play an instrumental role in how we grow and scale our business by leading vision, strategy, and results for our company operations
- Partner with the other leaders across the company (including our Finance, Risk, Marketing) in developing our forward-looking company strategy
- Develop a robust KPI goal setting & reporting process to evaluate the functions of the business
- Manage and scale Customer Service, Recovery & HR functions to support the needs of a rapidly growing business
- Ensure regulatory compliance and lead all regulation related matters including managing counsel and any lobbying efforts
- Other cost cutting initiatives including vendor management
- Provide leadership and mentorship for the entire company as we transition from being a small startup to a global organization
We're backed by leading VC's, including DCM, Canaan Partners, NYCA, and a number of the world's most influential social impact investors. If autonomy, ownership, and having meaningful input in the company you work for is important to you, come join our growing team!
Our Benefits & Team
-Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
-Day 1 benefit coverage for health, dental, and vision
-Offer competitive paid parental leave policy
-Dog friendly office
-Employee wellness initiatives
At Brigit, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Read Full Job Description