Who are we?
At Sealed, we’re unlocking comfort, value, and efficiency in aging homes—and transforming energy, finance, and home improvement along the way.
With Sealed, it’s easy and affordable to solve the problems that make houses too hot, too cold, and too wasteful. In partnership with energy utilities and certified contractors, Sealed finances key home improvements using the money homeowners currently waste on energy.
Homes are renewed from the inside out—all without increasing homeowners’ monthly bills. Upgrades like HVAC, insulation, air sealing, and smart home technology transform the way a home feels and functions. Sealed coordinates projects from beginning to end, and we stand behind our work. If we don’t reduce a home’s energy use, we don’t get paid.
Sealed is backed by a $5 billion global investment firm and has major partnerships with large utility companies like Con Edison.
Based in New York City, Sealed was by Lauren Salz (CEO, Forbes 30 under 30, former McKinsey) and Andy Frank (President, energy efficiency veteran).
Learn more at www.sealed.com.
What will you do?
As VP of Service and Support, you will lead the entire post-signature customer experience.
You will be an important member of the Sealed executive team, reporting directly to the Co-Founder and CEO. Your team will be responsible for delivering seamless implementation of home upgrade projects and nurturing customer evangelists through ongoing engagement and support.
More specifically, you will:
- Own the entire customer experience post contract signature, including project installation, account management, and customer support
- Formalize and grow our installer program: hire and oversee contractor network managers to recruit, train, and nurture the relationship with installers, including ongoing training and negotiating pricing agreements
- Lead the expansion of our service and support operation (from covering 1 state to ideally 10+ in the next 18 months)
- Recruit and manage customer support and implementation specialists (currently 2)
- Identify areas of improvement for our product and customer experience and collaborate with other departments to implement changes
- Optimize the playbooks for resolution of customer questions and complaints
- Consistently improve customer and installer satisfaction KPIs
- Establish processes to generate positive customer reviews, and ensure thoughtful and prompt responses to negative ones
- Identify and implement strategies for up-selling and cross-selling that add value to both customers and Sealed
- Work cross functionally with Business Development, Marketing, Product, Sales and Finance organizations as an an active member of our executive team
- Report directly to the Co-Founder and CEO
Who are you?
You trust and delegate, but you verify with data and catch errors with fail safes. When you call, an army of talent awaits to follow you to your new job. You are relentless and won’t rest until you fix something that is broken. Your calloused hands have built teams, processes and systems. You always put the customer first.
- 10+ years of work experience in service or implementation
- Consistently promoted within top-tier service organizations
- Experience implementing a complex, high consideration product in high volume
- Significant leadership experience (managed both individual contributors and managers)
- Comfortable managing a small team, with a strong vision and experience of building a team of experienced leaders
- Proven recruiting process to attract top talent
- Experience building something from the ground up
- Ability to coach people of varying levels of expertise
- Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, stock options, health benefits