Workday Integrations and Reporting Lead at Better
Founded in 2016, Better is a digital-first homeownership company whose services included mortgage, real estate, title, and homeowners insurance. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- From its founding in 2016 through 2020, Better funded $30.9B in home loans and provided over $7B in cumulative coverage through Better Cover and Better Settlement Services, the insurance divisions of Better
- Ranked #1 on LinkedIn’s Top Startups List for 2020 and 2021
- Ranked #2 on Fortune's Best Companies for Millenials 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women 2021
- People Magazine Companies that Care 2021
- Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces 2021
- Top Women Originators 2021
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- Better has raised over $400M in equity capital since inception
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is a family of companies. Better Mortgage Corporation provides home loans; Better Real Estate, LLC provides real estate services; Better Cover, LLC provides homeowners insurance policies; and Better Settlement Services provides title insurance services.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Workday Reporting + Integrations Lead to help support our growing People Systems team and the scalability and success of the overall People Organization. We're seeking an agile team-player who is enthusiastic about learning and is passionate about process improvement and data integrity. A strong interest in driving efficiency with accuracy will be critical to success here.
An ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of Workday functional and technical modules and exceptional analytical, communication, and problem solving skills and be comfortable interacting with all levels or organizations. Working in close partnership with the HRIS Functional, Technical + People Systems Product teams, this role will create and maintain Workday reports and integrations for design, optimization, configurations, and workflows with direct triage to vendors, end users and stakeholders (both internal and external). This is a global role responsible for the development, maintenance and adherence to ownership of all Better reports and integrations. The role will also work closely with our Engineering, IT and People Analytics team to build data warehousing and links with native systems. This role acts as the primary Subject Matter Expert ('SME') on the Workday Reporting and Integrations framework.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee Workday report inventory and integrations workstream as the technical product owner within HRIS and function as overall lead for day to day maintenance + optimization projects
- Provide Workday technical expertise for integration and reporting for the entire company’s needs; Support functional team by providing reporting and integration subject matter expertise, including data source and object knowledge and complex calculated field creation
- Own the overall report + integration inventory and ensure the list, stakeholders and design documentation is kept up to date
- Build out report and integration standards and the correct selection of technologies, where appropriate, action as a champion of these standards
- Drive towards decisions and recommending best practices related to report writing and integration builds for internal clients and external vendors across all functional areas of Workday
- Serve as an advisor to HR business partners on industry standards and leading practices for reporting and/or integrations
- Identify reporting and integration strategies, risks, and options, recommend approaches and mitigations to realize full potential of Workday
- Demonstrate strong stakeholder management and excellent communications skills
- Manage third party support vendors
- Possess experience with waterfall and agile project management methodologies, ability to create and manage project plans, estimate effort to identify and understand dependencies and to manage project resources like consultants and support team
- Possess a continuous improvement mind-set - Ability to challenge the status quo, conduct root cause analysis to reduce/prevent tickets and overall support efforts by simplifying design and looking for opportunities to automate
- This role is designated as ‘Flex Mode,’ and is not a fully remote position. The number of days in office will vary based on role requirements. As such, employees must be located within commuting distance of the office and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- 5+ years of Workday implementation and support experience, most recently in a workstream ownership/Lead role, or similar level role, preferably with a consulting firm or a fast growing tech company
- HR knowledge and HR Technology/HRIS experience
- Experience managing cross functional teams and vendors
- Demonstrated commitment and achievement to delivery excellence and client relationship management
- Demonstrated understanding of the cross functional dependencies and impacts to reports, conversions and integrations
- 4+ years hands-on experience on Workday reporting and integrations configuration e.g. requirement gathering, building, coding, testing, troubleshooting and implementing various recruiting integrations; Creating reporting and integration technical requirements & maintenance documentation.
- 3+ years hands-on experience in configuring and building from the ground up custom studios, CCBs, CCTPP, RaaS reports, BIRT reporting, SOAP, REST, XSLT expertise
- 2+ years of experience in Workday system administration e.g. tenant management, version releases, regression testing
- 2+ years of completing end to end implementations of Workday report and integration solutions; Completed relevant Workday training for Report Writer and Integration builds; Familiar or able to configure Integration Security to enable APIs
- You have experience working with and understanding people systems: HRIS (preferably Workday), ATS (Greenhouse a plus!), global and payroll reporting and integrations
- You pride yourself on your “work smarter not harder” work ethic and thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- You have a solid foundational understanding of the employee lifecycle and people processes
Job req ID: JR101684
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and we require COVID-19 vaccination to help ensure their safety in the workplace. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Better is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants") about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. The notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.