Workers Compensation Underwriter at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.The Job
As an Underwriter you are someone from a large casualty insurer, or broker that has experience with underwriting workers' compensation programs. As an Underwriter you will analyze and evaluate work compensation insurance risks to write, retain and grow a profitable book of business. In addition, you are also someone that can quickly hit the ground running and enjoys being in a fast moving iterative environment with a strong culture. If you want to continue your career in a complex but rewarding environment this position is for you!What you'll do
- Apply sound, creative underwriting and business judgment in the timely analysis and evaluation of workers' comp insurance risks
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with broker, program administrator, and carrier
- Prepare and present group training sessions for less experienced underwriters, field personnel
- Participate in department projects and special assignments
- Monitor timely issuance and cancellation of policies, certificates of insurance and endorsements
- Underwriter with 2-4 years of relevant experience with: new business proposals, loss rating, renewals, and demonstrated training skills
- Workers' Compensation experience (loss-sensitive program experience a plus but not necessary)
- Large account insurance brokerage or property & casualty carrier experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- You like working with people and helping others solve problems
- You enjoy entrepreneurial environments and want to help build something meaningful
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.