Workplace Services Lead at Squarespace
Squarespace is seeking a Workplace Services Site Lead who will manage the office facilities and infrastructure operations within the Squarespace occupied space at our NYC location.
You will act as an expert and technical advisor reporting into the Senior Manager of Workplace Services. You will be responsible for direct vendor supervision of all repair, maintenance, system reporting and improvement related activities within our space to ensure a fully operational, safe and clean environment that lends itself to motivating our exceptionally talented team. In this job, no two days are ever the same. You’ll use your knowledge, diligence and creativity to promote an engaging and award-winning office culture.
- Manage key vendor relationships (existing and new) and all contract services including but not limited to: MEP building and office infrastructure, kitchen equipment, lighting controls, janitorial, HVAC, BMS, build project related vendors, building code requirements, elevator and finish maintenance
- Lead the repair and maintenance programs, including conducting regular reviews, KPI checklists and short and long term planning for repairs, maintenance and capital improvements
- Develop presentations, maintain budgets and report on cost controls, as well as issue RFPs for contract services
- Assist with the creation and implementation of standard operating procedures (ex. electrical and cooling tower shutdowns)
- Develop, maintain, and organize all critical spare part inventory, attic stock, plans, files, WPS system applications, closeout documents, etc.
- Develop and lead site process mapping and use & cost reporting to support internal applications and service offerings
- Develop sustainability programs and utility usage analysis
- Lead compliance efforts related to cooling towers, elevators, life safety, etc.
- 7+ years of facilities experience demonstrating progressing responsibilities
- Read and interpret technical documents including drawings, as builts, renderings, submittals, user manuals, etc.
- Working knowledge of electrical wiring and components, steam, water, and mechanical systems including cooling towers, chemical water treatment, BMS systems, domestic water pumps, walk in freezers, Ketra Lighting, elevators, life safety systems etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading negotiations with external vendors
- Adept problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work cross-functionally with minimal supervision, high level of management execution, with a focus on accommodating agent and employee requests with utmost courtesy and professionalism
- Non-business Hours Coverage - on call for all emergencies (monitor BMS, etc.) and able to occasionally work non-business hours to support projects and events
- Experience with Google Suite,, Jira, BMS, and PlanGrid required
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs, properly use a ladder
- Certifications - OSHA, PMP, P.E. etc., a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.