Zendesk Administrator at Justworks (Greater NYC Area, NY)
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people. We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you. We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.Who You Are
You have a passion for tools, reporting, and automation. You are wildly collaborative and excited to work with different teams on varied challenges. You have the excellent ability to write/pitch tools and system improvements, such as statistical impact on customer experience, productivity and revenue. You are a customer centric individual and are excited to improve end user experience.
In this role, you will be a key player in the Systems team within the Justworks Business Operations department. You will specifically focus on the administration and optimization of Zendesk and Talkdesk. You will also focus on automation and process improvement, with the goal of making it as easy as possible for team members to provide solutions for our stakeholders and customers. This role reports to the Manager of Systems.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Be the primary administrator for Zendesk and Talkdesk for customer interactions, satisfaction, and health
- Provide a point of escalation and support for Zendesk, Talkdesk and its integrated tools
- Recommend build vs. buy when it comes to third-party integrations for the Customer Success tech stack
- Work with the CS Operations Manager and larger systems team to ensure a stable connection with the enterprise environment including the data warehouse and other integrated applications
- Maintain a queue of ongoing projects as well as impromptu tickets pertaining to system maintenance and improvement
- Work in collaboration with stakeholders and system administrators on creating solution prototypes, designing roadmap delivery plans, performing adequate testing, and producing technical documentation
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
As a Zendesk and Talkdesk Administrator, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Taking responsibility - being accountable, being committed, and accepting ownership for one's decisions, actions, and behavior.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Curious - the innate desire to learn, grow and understand.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 4 years of experience administering Customer Success or help desk tools
- Administration experience with Zendesk required; custom application experience preferred
- Administration of a phone system required, experience with Talkdesk or Salesloft a plus
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Slack, Pendo, Jira and/or Tableau a plus
- Proven experience implementing and improving systems
- High interest in data analysis, automation and process improvement required
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Empathetic with excellent communication skills and the ability to convey complex concepts and information to a broad audience.
- Keen ability to work with stakeholders on a regular basis. A natural leader with the ability to build things from scratch. A knack for creating structure wherever it's needed.
- Excellent collaboration and influencing skills with an ability to establish and maintain effective working and collaborative relationships with key stakeholders.
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment