People Operations Coordinator
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
As the People Operations Coordinator at Intersection, your role will be to provide proactive administrative, project-based and business support to a growing organization with 600+ employees across 8 offices. This is an exciting opportunity to for an aspiring individual to join a company redefining the urban experience and changing the face of OOH (out of home) advertising. Our team is a fun bunch and you will have the chance to learn and develop your skills across all areas of human resources.
What you will accomplish:
- Act as primary support contact for our VP, People and People Ops management team.
Participate and support key People Ops initiatives, including performance management, succession planning & compensation planning, and ad hoc projects.
- Support rollout of all HR initiatives, examples of which are our, annual reward cycle process, employee engagement activities, HR data analysis, new hire onboarding, benefits enrollment, company-wide training initiatives.
- Effectively communicate and respond to employees in a timely manner regarding HR queries/process. Maintain employee files and conduct audits on an ad-hoc basis.
- Provide administrative support to HR Leadership team, scheduling of HR meetings and agenda management. Occasional assistance with T&E and corporate HR expenses.
- Facilitate employment background checks & onboarding program including processing new hire paperwork and conducting new hire orientations.
- Generate and submit required paperwork for new hires and changes to active employees to the Total Rewards team.
- Process and distribute all weekly and semi-monthly payroll checks to employees.
- Maintain integrity of data in own the ongoing management of all employee platforms (ADP, Orgwiki, Reflektive)
- Create employment verification letters as requested by employees and respond to employment verification requests from third parties.
- Partner with Finance and supervise the payment of invoices related to employee tools.
- Design and develop reporting updates for our internal clients, examples include our HR Dashboard for the Executive Team, Business Partner Playbook for the HRBP Team.
- Manage all worker’s compensation claims, paperwork and hearings.
- Ensure accuracy of all I-9’s and compliance requirements working with the HRBP team.
What we are looking for:
This is a learning role - it’s a hard job, but is rewarding and fun. Self-organization, energetic, focus, attention to detail, multi-tasking, and software savviness are the basics. Here’s what we think it will take:
- Bachelor’s degree; Human Resources or related field preferred
- 2+ years of successful experience within an administrative / support function in a fast-paced or high volume environment.
- Operational excellence. You get things done, and you be relied on to get things done with minimal oversight. You have a keen ability to prioritize tasks to meet necessary deadlines.
- Intellectual curiosity - you don’t know how to do everything, but you want to learn and not afraid to ask questions to better understand how everything works around you. You have confidence in your abilities, but you also proactively seek out feedback so you can do your best.
- Follow-up skills: you understand the importance of business courtesy, timeliness and professionalism. You treat people well as you will often be the first face people get to know within our company. You will be joining a great team and take pride in ultimately representing our brand. Ability to manage multiple projects. We have a lot going on at once -you like to work independently and as part of a team to balance a bunch of projects simultaneously.
- High integrity. Our reputation, candidate and employee experience are critical, and we always strive to do what’s best for the people we represent.
- A sense of humor. You’ll work with many different teams and cultures - and we’re a fun bunch. We like what we do, and like working together.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems like ADP, Reflektive, Orgwiki and G-Suite is preferred.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.