As a Product Designer at Handshake, you’ll design and shape user-centric products and experiences. Working on the same team with product managers, designers, and developers, your simple and powerful designs will be an integral part of how every product reaches every shelf worldwide.
Handshake's mission is to help manufacturers & distributors grow their business by making it easy for their customers to order the right products from them in-person and online. The software we build provides our customers with a commerce platform that replaces the antiquated paper-and-clipboard-based systems used by brands and their salespeople, allowing for more products to reach more retailers with less cost, at greater speed and with less environmental impact.
The Problems You'll Solve
Handshake designers collaborate to solve difficult problems together to ensure the initial and ongoing success of our customers. You’ll collaborate with others to create a more focused and streamlined user experience for our customers to help them manage their orders faster and with less errors. You’ll participate in hands-on user research, brainstorm concepts, build prototypes and create a cohesive guide that helps maintain consistency in visual elements across the product.
You're a Great Candidate If You ...
- have proven e-commerce product design experience with a strong portfolio
- have the ability to lead projects across the entire product lifecycle
- can execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- collaborate well with product management, designers and developers
- have excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- can establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- have experience with requirements gathering and solutions research
- are experienced working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- have proficiency in Sketch, Adobe Suite or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- 2-4 years of professional experience
- BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related studies
The Benefits of Working at 'The Shake'
- Comprehensive medical / dental benefits.
- Competitive salary / equity
- Spacious office in NoHo with plants, a shower, a fully stocked bar and plenty of bike parking
- Unlimited Vacation and PTO