Ad Product Specialist
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
The Partnerships team at theSkimm is made up of experienced, resourceful, creative, scrappy hustlers. We pull out all of the stops to get sh*t done. We’re seeking an experienced Ad Product Strategist to lead product marketing and account services on our Brand Strategy team, working closely with Sales to build innovative advertising opportunities and best in-class campaigns. Reporting to theSkimm's VP of Brand Strategy, our ideal candidate is a proactive, collaborative, detail-oriented person who is passionate about product development, social advertising & revenue strategies, and has a demonstrated track record of building compelling ads packaging across verticals.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Day-to-day liaison between Product Producing teams & Sales, influencing and articulating the product road map so theSkimm can better serve our brand partners across all of our digital platforms
- Determine the pricing and packaging for our ad product suite, which spans media, content, social & insights products, with a keen eye for advertisers’ marketing objectives
- Manage overall product taxonomy and be a key partner for the sales organization; educating them on our ad product offerings and packages; arming them with the tools, materials, and knowledge they need to be successful and significantly grow revenue
- Work with sales to find suitable advertisers to test new ad products
- Work with clients, partners, agencies and sales to understand advertiser needs, diagnose and solve pain points, and find ways to increase closed-won rates and sales by improving and expanding upon our existing ad product portfolio
- Manage the process of translating product suite into an ever-evolving media kit and selling guide that the Sales team can take to the marketplace
- Ensure solutions are operationalized across ad ops, pricing, vendors and brands so that solutions are deliverable at scale & positioned to deliver materials revenue impact
- Provide insights into the latest ad serving technologies and capabilities
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- Experience working as an internal-facing consultant to creative and technical teams
- A deep understanding of the technical and operational requirements of projects and products
- Creative, proactive, detailed, responsible and able to work well with a team.
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge of a variety of industry verticals.
- The ability to effectively prioritize projects and produce results
- Knowledgeable about pricing models leveraged in digital advertising, original content creation / production and distribution
- Expertise in Excel
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- Biannual performance reviews aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered "Sip’n Skimm" on Fridays - a time to walk through our week's highs and lows as a team, usually over food, coffee or La Croix
- Twice-monthly “Skimm’e A Drink!” happy hours - a time to wind down with friends over a beer, wine or fruity beverage
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY