Analytics Product Manager at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
As the Analytics Product Manager on the People Analytics team, you will play a critical role in building our People Analytics tools and processes from the ground up. We are looking for an experienced individual who can work with stakeholders across the people and talent functions to understand, design and drive the implementation of analytics solutions needed to drive decisions and optimize processes. The Product Manager will need to work closely with process owners and management to understand key strategic initiatives, workflows and systems used in order to define requirements and roadmaps for analysts to build against. In addition to visualizing home grown solutions, this person will serve as the product owner for third-party analytics and reporting tools that are both stand alone as well as internal to people systems. Finally, the Product Manager will be critical to customer engagement; driving usage, adoption and best practices for the tools created and owned by the team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engage with stakeholders from individual contributors up to C-suite to understand strategic initiatives, business processes, workflows, and systems across all people functions (Talent Acquisition, HR, Total Rewards, Learning & Development, Diversity Equity & Inclusion, etc)
- Champion and hold process owners accountable to the definition and creation of key processes, standards, and infrastructure that will be necessary to enable the Analytics team to produce effective and reliable solutions
- Own an understanding of stakeholder goals, key performance metrics and other needs related to analytics and data-driven decisions
- Research and design solutions to meet the needs of the organization and provide recommendations around build vs buy options
- Define and own roadmaps for the implementation of analytics tools and solutions
- Analysis to derive insights and create data-driven decisions that advise Better’s People Strategy
- Lead continuous improvement by identifying and remediating gaps, seeking opportunities for improvements and automation
- Being able to go deep into both technical huddles with analysts and engineers and strategic discussions with executives
- Managing competing priorities with consistency and transparency
- Maintain documentation, knowledge management, and training necessary to support and drive customer engagement
- Experience working on data and analytics products as a product manager, or as an analyst or data engineer with some product management experience
- Experience and proven ability using data to uncover insights that drive action and communicating analyses to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven track record of designing roadmaps and managing cross-functionally projects end-to-end
- Experience working across various levels of an organization, while building trust and fostering collaboration
- Comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced, demanding environment, under pressure
- Knowledge of and a passion for data visualization and business intelligence
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with HR/organizational people data and processes (e.g. headcount, turnover, recruiting metrics, and other people analytics)
- Experience in HR analytics using HR systems and tools such as Workday, Greenhouse, Salesforce etc.
- Technical skills and capabilities in excel, query languages (SQL), and/or data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, Power BI, etc)
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.