Apparel Product Developer at Peloton
Peloton is seeking an Apparel Product Developer to join our team in New York, NY.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the development lifecycle of fabric, trims and apparel with domestic and overseas vendor partners. The Product Development Specialist will work in tandem with the Director of Development & Production, Merchandising, Technical Design, Design, Planning and Logistics for calendar planning, development projects, sample fabric positioning, communicating cross functional timelines and vendor management. The successful candidate will possess a strategic mindset, excellent organizational and collaborative skills to work cross functionally within the apparel organization, a strong understanding of quality, testing, and proven vendor management skills.
- Drive the product development life cycle for apparel with domestic & overseas factories for fabric, trims and apparel samples
- Effectively communicate with manufacturers and mills for development timelines, sample placement, delivery dates and product expectations
- Create organizational tracking to monitor development status and maintain development WIP reports for weekly tracking of deliverables to meet calendar deadlines
- Collaborate closely with cross functional partners in merchandising, design, production and technical design and facilitate communication to the vendors on product details and development requirements
- Partner in PLM implementation and support needed data inputs for product and component development.
- Partner with factories for quality standards and consistency of product meeting Peloton standards
- Communicate and monitor testing and compliance requirements for development, gather and review fabric detail sheets and trim detail sheets for all components
- Partner in developing the seasonal calendar and lead weekly production meetings to
- report and communicate on deadlines development & production
- Establish a strong partnership with technical design to communicate sample and comment deadlines, partner in product quality collectively
- Source trim suppliers, fabric mills and stay up to date on market trends in fiber/fabric technology, sustainability and manufacturing processes
- 7+ years of experience in apparel development, active market preferred
- A go getter with a positive, no task too big or too small attitude
- Knowledge and experience of working with overseas & domestic factories
- Strong understanding of fabrics, garment construction and garment testing
- Efficient, organized, detail oriented with strong time management skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment, driven by teamwork and collaborative innovation.
- Experience with fashion-related ERP systems (PDM, PLM)
- Strong proficiency in Excel & G Suite
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.