Associate Product Analyst at Peloton
Peloton is seeking a thorough, scrappy, curious, and empathetic Associate Product Analyst to support the innovation, iteration, and optimization of our engagement products, focused on the Peloton Digital Mobile Application & Web experiences. The Associate Product Analyst will work with Product Managers to support new feature development, drive product growth and engagement, and proactively identify opportunities to improve our digital platform experience.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Develop your measurement intuition and abilities. Partner with Product Analysts and Product Managers on monitoring ongoing product engagement, software features’ launch metrics, and application technical performance quality.
- Hone your data storytelling and visualization prowess. Design sustainable, comprehensive, and action-oriented interactive dashboards (e.g. Amplitude, Looker) that empower Product Owners and broader stakeholders to leverage user behavior and product health trends in their decision-making toolkit.
- Grow into a go-to partner for understanding our mobile and web audiences. Collaborate with Product Marketing and Brand Marketing teams to measure subscription performance and identify user cohorts for engagement and growth campaign outreach.
- Apply your detail-oriented lens to proactively ensure we understand the nuts and bolts of how our products work (and don’t work). Conduct user acceptance testing for new software features’ tracking instrumentation and contribute to the maintenance of a clean and up-to-date tracking schema documentation.
- Demonstrate interest in analytics and have done what you can to gain some work, personal, or academic experience in the data field: have up to 2 years of full-time or internship experience with a focus on product analytics, data analytics, marketing or growth analytics, business intelligence, or adjacent areas (or an academic / research focus in a similar field).
- Dig deep into numbers with laser-focused attention to detail: are thorough in your work and research.
- Are curious: love breaking down and tackling complex problems and continuously learning.
- Are collaborative and empathetic: have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and seek out opportunities to develop an inclusive and connected working environment.
- Are scrappy: you do what you can to answer the question at hand in the best way possible.
- Find joy in digging into spreadsheets: are skilled in Excel / Google Sheets and have a high level of comfort in using these tools for data analysis and data storytelling via charts, pivot tables, conditional formatting, lookup (vlookup, hlookup, index + match), and reference formulas.
- Love (or are growing to love) relational databases and coding: have basic SQL skills for data extraction (filtering, sorting and grouping, aggregation, simple joins).
- Want to continue developing your ability to leverage statistics theory and concepts in understanding people, products, and decisions: are hands-on with the main statistical concepts used in exploratory data analysis. (E.g. mean, median, percentile, distribution, and variance.)
- Admire designing data visualizations that are as aesthetically pleasing as they are insightful: have some experience in applying data visualization and dashboarding in communicating a compelling data story.
- Want to become experienced (or have experience) in knowing how software products come to life: are interested in learning more about product management and software product design and growing within the product analytics space.
AS A BONUS:
- Previous exposure to software product management and/or UX/UI design (via reading, coursework, internships).
- Knowledge of mobile/tablet/desktop web and/or mobile/tablet application product and software ecosystem.
- Experience working with SaaS analytics and business intelligence tools like Amplitude, Tableau, Looker, Chartio, PowerBI or similar.
- Advanced SQL skills (complex joins, CTE, window functions etc.) and/or basic Python skills (e.g. numpy/pandas for data preparation and EDA).
- High-level understanding of A/B-testing principles and methods.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
“Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.