Associate Product Manager
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Sr. Product Manager in New York, NY to join our team building out a new direct to consumer subscription product in the lifestyle category.
As an Associate Product Manager, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of features for our consumer products across our lifestyle brands across our lifestyle brands (e.g. food, home, etc.) You’ll translate a forward looking vision and strategy to your team’s backlogs. Your passion will be to discover, develop and ship features that deliver both meaningful benefit to our users and strategic success for our company. You have superior communication skills and a proven track record in delivering results.
Day-to-day, you’ll succeed by learning what solutions are simultaneously usable, valuable, and feasible, through product discovery, design thinking & data driven experiments. You’ll connect regularly with customers to become an expert on our audience and industry. You’ll motivate a dedicated, cross-functional agile team by communicating vision, authoring user stories, prioritizing the backlog, and coordinating regularly and clearly with partners and stakeholders.
1. Develop deep understanding of the customer, data, business, and industry
2. Prioritize features and enhancements in story backlog
3. Author use cases and user stories and build shared understanding
4. Discover opportunities worth pursuing through rapid experimentation via product discovery and design thinking methods
5. Identify and map customer goals, values and needs more than “wants” or “table stakes”
6. Inform decisions with qualitative and quantitative data
7. Ensure good communication and transparency by partnering with internal teams including engineering, editorial, marketing, advertising, business development
8. Coordinate with product peers and their teams to share learnings and ensure quality experience for the customer
* 1-3 years experience in product management,
* Mobile app experience preferred, Experience with Voice or Multimodal platforms a plus
* Deep empathy for customers (and other humans)
* Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
* Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
* Strong user experience sensibilities
* Experience with analytics, user research to drive decisions
* Experience with Agile methodologies
* Ability to speak fluently with business people, partners, engineers
* Experience with Product Discovery, Design Thinking, Lean Product a plus
* Experience as a designer, developer, data analyst or user researcher a plus
* Experience with iOS or Android development a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
As the ideal candidate, you’re a driven, passionate advocate for your customers, with a sense of urgency to make things better wherever you are. You make data-driven decisions and obsess about the customer. You have a strong point of view, but you’re open-minded. Your team loves working with you because you lead through inspiration and motivation. You build trust with all areas of the business and have a proven track record. You take end-to-end ownership and consistently deliver results in a fast-paced environment.