myKlovr.com is a web-application that provides personalized college and career advice. Our Artificial Intelligence engine delivers expert advice to help high-school students get into better colleges. Our professional tools help working adults reevaluate their career direction, channel their passion, get training that will enable them to grow, and manage their personal finances effectively.
This is an early- to mid-level product management position.
You will support our highly-experienced head of product in all aspects of product management, with plenty of opportunities to learn. The range of ongoing projects include:
- Helping envision new functionality for our web-app under guidance from the business, marketing, and product leadership
- Generating product specifications for new and evolving web-app functions
- Developing mock-ups and wireframes of user interface designs
- Project managing an external UI/UX designer
- Assisting the head of product in prioritizing product features, bug fixes, and other projects
- Assisting with project management related to development, testing, and delivery of product functionality as well as ongoing product operations
- Researching and reporting on operating product systems
- Providing customer support as needed
- Assisting B2B partners with on-boarding and ongoing operations
- Performing competitor research
- Researching and evaluating sub-systems, tools, vendors, and other external resources
- Conducting and evaluating the results of live user testing studies and surveys
You should have a college degree and 1-3 years full-time experience in technology project or product management, ideally with a technology-driven company in the web- or mobile space. Ongoing past Interaction and exposure to technology or design teams is very valuable. Experience in IT or technology consulting, project management, business operations, UI/UX design, or programming are all good starting places but not mandatory.
You should have:
- Experience writing product specification or requirements documents
- Experience participating in UX development
- Experience with project management
- Energy, curiosity, and a passion to learn and grow by taking on challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A love of learning and the ability to absorb and use new information quickly
- Attention to detail and the discipline to dig beyond the surface layer of anything
- A neat, organized, methodical approach to your work
- Understanding of programming (any language), HTML, CSS, and how websites work
- An interest and awareness of UI/UX design principles and an appreciation of great UX
- A team-player attitude
- The ability and willingness to speak up in a friendly way when you disagree
- Good skills with common office tools like spreadsheets, word processing, computer document organization, internet research
- Experience analyzing data and writing reports
Nice but not necessary:
- Experience with SQL
- Understand one or more of RESTful APIs, JSON, XML
We are a small team of 5-6 full time employees plus another 5-10 interns. For the time being, we are all working remotely, but we will return to our midtown Manhattan office when we can do so safely. Our CEO and CTO have led multiple technology products from concept to operating business to acquisition. Our sales and marketing teams are equally accomplished. We also have a loving company golden retriever, Prada, who visits and inspires us all.
The position reports to the head of product and CTO who has spent the past 15 years building and leading product teams in the digital and mobile space – including development of one of the first successful paid-subscription cell-phone games that peaked at $200 million/year in revenue.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is $70,000 - $90,000 depending on experience. Benefits include health, dental, and vision coverage as well as short- and long-term disability, and life insurance. Each employee receives an award of appreciation rights which vest over time. We offer 15 days per year PTO, 5 sick days, and company holidays. We have a highly participative, collegial, business casual work environment, a small team where everyone’s input is sought and their impact felt, and a Chief Inspiration Officer who masquerades as a golden retriever.