Associate Product Manager at Namely
We know that this role looks different across different organizations. At Namely, Product Managers are involved as leaders in every step of the product development process. They perform client calls, design and spec features, determine short and long-term roadmap, work with leadership on strategy, prioritize engineering work, execute the development of product features, and drive adoption.
You will work closely with our partners in Design to create compelling and delightful user experiences. You will lead and inspire Engineering teams. You will work across Sales, Marketing, Operations, and more to roll out key products.
We are looking for someone to step into this role on our Payroll product team who can drive business decisions, work closely with leadership, and communicate empathetically with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop metrics and quantitative analyses to measure success of new features and rollouts, identify pain points, find opportunities, and build consensus on product direction and roadmap
- Proactively gather feedback from stakeholders (e.g. clients, sales, support, compliance etc) and perform market research to identify trends and competitive gaps
- Partner with design and engineering to craft solutions aligned with the product roadmap and coordinate implementation
- Define product requirements and document clear user stories, specifications, and acceptance criteria
- Interpret and integrate product requirements from changing tax and compliance requirements
- Be an advocate for the user throughout the product development cycle
- Effectively prioritize engineering work by accounting for the level of effort, impact, and other features
- Work across Operations, Sales, Marketing, and other departments to facilitate product rollouts
- Participate in building a strong product team by sharing information, collaborating, and engaging with peers
- Engage with Leadership to steer company strategy
- 3 years of relevant experience in a startup, preferably in the B2B SaaS space
- Experience shipping successful customer-facing features/applications
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to derive insights from data sets, analyze product usage, measure adoption, and understand client needs
- Experience crafting product requirements and specifications
- Technical aptitude to participate in engineering tradeoff discussions
- Understanding of UI/UX design concepts and principles
- Effective communication skills, creativity in problem-solving, empathy for internal and external customers
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-direction, drive and leadership
Nice to Haves
- Experience working in the HR/Payroll/Benefits industry
- Working understanding of modern concepts in system architecture including microservices, event sourcing and CQRS
- Experience working in a startup environment
Namely Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best CEO 2020
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Culture 2020
- Product Department is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Overall Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/namely
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.