At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 85% of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive online marketplace where teachers have created 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, in 2019, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
Who we are looking for:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
TpT is seeking an experienced leader to grow and lead our world-class product management and design teams.
Building products that succeed only happens if you are passionate about empowering your team and committed to providing critical guidance, supportive processes, and creative input. You are only satisfied when you and your teams are constantly learning, growing, and delivering truly great products to the world. You are a strong communicator who can lead people to realize the power of what we do. Essential to that is understanding the why, the what, and the how of everything we do.
Create great products
- Empower teams to build innovative and inspiring products that solve real problems for educators and students
- Build and articulate a vision that connects the products we build to our mission and vision
- Work collaboratively to define priorities
- Ensure every product has a clear goal, measurable success factors and a path to continual improvement
- Partner closely with the CEO, Senior Leadership Team, and key functions such as Marketing, Engineering, Legal to align product vision and execution with our broader organizational strategy and priorities
- Continually analyze shifts in our educators’ needs and evolve our product strategy accordingly
- Ensure that our processes allow product managers and designers the autonomy to make decisions in their spheres of work, tap into their creativity. and build lithely.
- Communicate openly and clearly to inspire others about the team direction and vision
Build great teams
- Recruit and grow world-class product managers, designers, and UX researchers who embody our core values
- Build, foster, and retain a diverse, welcoming team culture
- Grow the skills and ability levels of team members, enabling them to increase their impact over time
- Celebrate our culture externally with opinion makers, candidates, and the broader market.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- 10+ years of experience in product management and design
- 6+ years managing and leading a product function
- Track record of hiring and leading exceptional teams
- Strong product instinct and track record of taking successful products from idea, to launch, to scale, with a portfolio of examples to share with us
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to write, defend, and execute on business cases
- Technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Believe in our mission to connect and empower teachers
- Appreciate feedback and value honest, thoughtful critique
- Perform well in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Be a team player: team and impact come first
- Demonstrate versatility, intellectual curiosity, creativity, and analytical thinking
- Have the ability to work independently, as well as within a larger team environment on complex projects, cross-functional collaboration, and strategic decision-making.
- Maintain the mindset that no job is too big or small, and have the ability to do whatever it takes to get the job done well and efficiently
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Education or teaching experience
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.