The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, and Sweetgreen, we've raised over $100M in funding and seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#LongLiveDogsWhere You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is on a mission to help channel the unconditional love we all have for our pets into uncomplicated care. The Data Strategy and Insights (“DSI”) department supports the entirety of the company, ensuring that every decision is made with efficient insights and minimal friction. As a Data Product Manager, you will translate high-priority business problems into data analytics and data science problems and solutions. Your work will also have a strong influence on customer experience, and help to optimize various aspects of operations, experimental design and analysis, and you will get to interact with all corners of our business including growth, operations, finance, and marketing.
In this role you will be a strong collaborator with the many outstanding people throughout the company. Data Science at The Farmer’s Dog is 80% internal-facing, so you will collaborate closely with our business partners to identify high-value work, with an eye towards the actions and decisions it enables. Within DSI, you will work with our group of data analysts, data scientists, and data engineers to accomplish business goals. This includes collaboratively brainstorming good/better/best solutions and orchestrating and conducting all the moving parts in order to drive projects to ultimate value.
This role is based in NYC and reports to the Head of Data Strategy and Insights.How You'll Make an Impact
- Empower the data science function in solving some of our hardest business problems- protecting them from the “urgent” by prioritizing the important
- Set the vision and lead the product roadmap for our data science efforts in both Natural Language Processing, and in Forecasting & Optimizations
- Enable strong business outcomes by having the function's work be a conduit to more effective decision-making to our most difficult questions
- Help drive life-long retention by unearthing our customer concerns and advising on solutions
- Maximize our myriad data sources to help remove friction points people encounter in deciding to try The Farmer’s Dog
- Collaborate with our Growth Department to more deeply understand how our different approaches of communicating the benefits of fresh food for dogs impacts growth
- Work with Operations to help optimize fulfillment across different regions
- Provide insights to our CX / Customer Service Department on which issues most deeply affect our customers
- You strategize and prioritize with a deep understanding of business problems and objectives
- You are exceptionally strong at product management and project management
- You are a flexible and innovative thinker who can pull together the right resources and tools to tackle a problem
- You have ample experience working with data, both hands-on and collaboratively with other data analysts and data scientists
- In addition to your proven academics, you have at least 2 years of industry experience in a non-internship role, where your insights have influenced the decision-making
- You have a natural curiosity, always asking the next question and seeking to understand concepts down to their core level
- You prefer to work with a team rather than working alone
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug