Digital Strategist, Walmart at Harry's Inc.
Over seventy-three percent of customers today use digital channels during their purchase journey, with eighty-two percent of customers consulting their smartphone when purchasing within a brick and mortar environment. The Digital Strategist for the Walmart omnichannel retail ecosystem will serve in partnership with the Walmart merchant organization to identify unmet needs, goals, opportunities and challenges. This role will help to lead and evolve ideas to bring together brand goals, Walmart objectives and customer needs into new breakthrough digital execution.
The role will be primarily focused on driving share of market and category growth opportunities in the digital space for advised categories (shave, body care, and hair care), but will input into all business units. The Digital Strategist will act as a forward-thinking expert in the category and competitive digital landscape to identify actionable trends within the category, and the corresponding impact to brick and mortar category considerations. This position is a retail facing role and serves as a strategic interface with our Walmart merchants and associate merchants in conjunction with category managers and shopper insights managers.
About the Team
The Retail Team is a critical function that drives Harry's brand strategy and growth in collaboration with our retail partners. The Retail Team is responsible for all customer development activities at each retailer, cultivating relationships across all functions – merchandising, marketing, store operations, supply chain, and omnichannel growth and development.
Your core responsibilities
- Lead digital commerce category initiatives with Walmart merchant team through collaboration on key Walmart initiatives and long term strategy.
- Collaborate with Category Advisors across all our businesses to identify and prioritize business opportunities and resulting analyses, with a focus on digital opportunities.
- Use all data resources available to analyze the business and identify key insights and opportunities. Data sources include, but are not limited to: Retail Link, IRI, Nielsen (syndicated, household panel, assortment optimizer, OVT, etc.), and new digital data channels.
- Identify relevant KPIs and competitive marketplace intelligence, and secures necessary data to measure and track accordingly
- Ensure best in class enhanced content, applied virtual shelf insights and omni-channel path to purchase improvements. Works to understand and optimize SEO/SEM, site taxonomy and digital fundamentals like profitability hurdles.
- Work with Brand and Merchant partners to evaluate and recommend optimal product assortment considerations.
- Partner with Shopper Insights Manager (Harry’s and agency partner Harvest Group) to develop a digital shopper learning agenda which will act as the foundation for category growth actions taken within the digital space.
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
- Digital and mobile savvy, with strong analytical skills to evaluate ideas, prioritize initiatives, quantify benefits, and evaluate performance.
- Experience in online distribution and asset management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ideally with 1-2 years of digital account management experience.
- Thorough understanding of digital touch points.
- Innate sense of curiosity.
- Leadership & influence
- Innovation – ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment and initiate new processes/ideas
- Channel/Shopper Insight – strong understanding of retailer buying, merchandising and marketing strategies and the ability to translate into actionable plans to grow the business
- Independent/self-learner – ability to navigate the organization and customer on their own, not afraid to fail
- Initiative – self-starter with strong problem solving skills
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.