Director of Clinical Product Strategy & Management
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Help over one million people feel better.
We are looking for an experienced and collaborative Director of Clinical Product Strategy & Management to join us in our NYC Headquarters. This role will play a significant part in identifying, owning, and communicating a clear roadmap of Talkspace products for the Clinical Pod. We are looking for someone who is just as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
About This Role
- Champion the therapist facing products leading to higher quality of care and personalized evidenced based treatment power by data insights. Achieved by conducting focus groups, online research, ideation, collaboration with the clinical network and delivery with the engineering team.
- Lead the team towards delivering products with high levels of value, quality, and security
- Identify, articulate, and own a clear roadmap for Talkspace Clinical Data Insights products and tools.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, leadership, engineering/technology, marketing, clinical, and sales team to define strategic projects and determine prioritization
- Build relationships across Talkspace to ensure we are leveraging our ideas, experience, and talent
- Understand our clients through user testing, feedback collection, and conversion optimization
- Provide guidance through major shifts in technology, direction, and business goals
- Understand our positioning, ensuring that our roadmap points toward that future state
- Keep a finger on the pulse of the market, with specific focus on other players
- Define product success metrics and construct a framework to continuously analyze product performance to assess success and/or challenges
- Measure and analyze existing products for opportunities to innovate/improve
- Manage all functions of the product team; continually assess, hire and scale the organization as necessary
- Combine strong vision, strategy, and ground-level tactics to drive our product team
- Continually assess build vs buy approach to new functionality
- 10-15+ years experience with strong business and product expertise including leading, building, and inspiring high-performance product teams in fast-paced organizations and environments in the healthcare domain.
- Familiarity and comfort with data, data science including the ability to build insight tools with machine and deep learning.
- Driven by data and has strong knowledge of analytics tools; enjoys analyzing and monitoring product KPI metrics
- Behavioral health practice or psychotherapy techniques experience - a benefit.
- Experience with best practice Agile scrum development and lean startup principles
- Have held an in-house senior product role at a consumer tech or e-commerce company
- Experience managing people across disciplines and experience levels to develop the best products
- Have launched great iOS and Android apps
- Collaborate successfully with other senior leaders, especially from marketing and engineering
- Think strategically but want to get your hands dirty
- Are up on all the latest trends in emerging platforms
- Looks for simple, adaptive solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrated experience launching new products in high growth markets
- Familiar with product development in Agile and OKR methodologies preferably with pod structures
- Superior communication skills, including the ability to understand stakeholder needs and translate them across different levels and functions
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate new ideas with stakeholders while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- Understand who you’re building for and can keep the team focused on the customer and the market .
- Are great at prioritizing while comfortable betting on experiments.
- Have exceptional communication and collaboration skills, to drive consensus, work with varied stakeholders, and articulate trade-offs.
- Have worked closely with marketing and engineering teams, especially distributed ones
- At ease with ambiguity.
- B.S. in Engineering preferred; MBA a plus.
Because we are on a mission to make the world a better place. Our focus to help people feel happy starts at Talkspace, where we connect, collaborate, and have fun. Monthly team outings, happy hours, in-house family-style lunches, office snacks, unlimited PTO, access to Talkspace products, ping pong table, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.