Director, Digital Product Direct to Consumer at Casper
Casper is seeking an experienced Digital Product Director to help shape the future of our digital Direct to Consumer experience and to mentor our talented digital product team. We spend a huge amount of time and effort developing a unique and seamless experience for our customers and our internal retail, sales and customer service specialists. Our mission is to awaken the potential of a well-rested world, which means every touchpoint in our customer experience, from our homepage to our CRM, is a vehicle to deliver on that goal. We’re passionate about pioneering what a customer and user-first experience looks like across channels. Ultimately we strive to make the experience of discovering, buying, receiving and owning sleep products easy, delightful and uniquely Casper.
The ideal candidate is experienced in digital product strategy, user-research/design thinking and engineering, and is a well rounded advocate of all three. Put differently, you care about why we optimize our PDPs just as much as how we build API integrations between our ERP and Commerce Engine because you believe that all digital products ultimately contribute to a larger customer experience. You are a superb communicator who believes in digital product as a craft and is excited to share that leadership across the organization at large.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do...
LEADING A CROSS-FUNCTIONAL DIGITAL TEAM
- Lead, coach, and mentor the capabilities of the digital product management team, ensuring that product managers strengthen their craft and drive more value across the business.
- Develop best in class roadmapping, planning, and prioritization processes that help foster strong inter-team collaboration between digital, tech, and business teams so that things ship on time and we iterate as quickly as possible.
- Elevate and champion a user-first and customer centric approach to building across the organization.
- Be a positive force in moving ideas from strategy to execution, activating the teams and people to get things built fast and well.
FORMING DIGITAL PRODUCT STRATEGY & VISION
- Identify opportunities to strengthen cross-channel customer experience by leveraging shared data and functionality across e-commerce, retail, cx, and wholesale.
- Work with the VP of Ecommerce, VP of Retail, and other business stakeholders across the business to establish a near- and long-term vision for Casper’s broader digital experience.
- Work with the CTO and VP of Customer Technology to develop and implement our platform and systems strategy.
PARTNERING ACROSS THE BUSINESS
- Represent the lenses of technical feasibility, user desirability and business viability, and partners with business leaders and teams to create solutions that achieve all three.
- Collaborates across the business, increasing bottoms up and tops down communication sharing so that teams can move autonomously and iterate quickly.
- 10+ years experience in Product Management, including 3-4 years experience managing digital Product teams.
- Strong cross-functional skills and an ability to reach alignment with internal and external partners. Able to flex and “get in the weeds” with the tech team but also explain complex processes in “layman’s terms” for cross-functional partners and leadership.
- High level of technical acumen and an interest in all things e-commerce and omni-channel. Basic coding skills not required, but a plus.
- Exceptional people skills and people-management skills. High emotional intelligence coupled with strong written and communication chops.
- Experience working in tech-led companies, SaaS products, and/ or start up experience is desired.
- Demonstrated history of establishing sound operational processes and long term vision for product teams.
- Proactive personality with a bias to action and creative problem-solving. History of being a voice of inspiration, insight and authority on digital product and user experience.
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!