Director, Hard Product Quality at Harry's Inc.
About the Team
The Harry's, Inc. Quality and Regulatory Team is responsible for the quality and regulation of products for all brands and our many store brand partners. The Quality Team supports a key strategic goal of the company – to continue to provide high-quality products to customers and retailers all over the world. In addition, the team is responsible for commercialization of all products.
About the Role
The Director of Hard Product Quality will lead the hard product quality lane for Harry’s, Flamingo, and future brands. You will play a key role in leading and continuing to build the HP Quality function at Harry’s. You will be responsible for product and supplier quality, commercialization, and the Product Evaluation Center.
What you will accomplish:
- Own Hard Product Quality (Razor Systems) function for all brands, including product and supplier quality, Product Evaluation Center (PEC), qualification of NPI and Sustaining Operations initiatives.
- Strategically build the HP Quality function, identifying gaps and owning improvements to the organization, PEC, processes, and suppliers.
- Manage PEC leadership on priorities and capabilities.
- Work cross-functionally (Primarily with the broader Production, Supply Chain, Product Development and Engineering teams) to define and execute Supplier Quality Management and Development strategies, with the goal of reducing variation (and cost) in sourced and manufactured products.
- Implement quality tools such as Control Planning, Process FMEA, Manufacturing process validation, Measurement System Analysis, Statistical Process Control, Tool Qualification and Design of Experiments(DOE).
- Interact with Customer Experience on consumer product inquiries and complaints
This should describe you:
- BS in engineering/science related discipline or demonstrated equivalent experience
- 12+ years of experience in quality, manufacturing, supplier management.
- Having exposure to industrial engineering or design for manufacturability for plastic injection molding, die casting, and high speed automation.
- Able to articulate and defend engineering decisions as well as communicate clearly with cross functional teams.
- Comfortable using engineering analysis methods such as Tolerance Analysis, Statistical Analysis, DFMEA, and PFMEA.
- Communicates well with various cross functional groups as well as suppliers and vendors to be able to create cross-functional consensus with a senior, global team.
- Experience reading and translating 2D engineering drawings into inspection plans.
- Detail and process oriented with an ability to create an atmosphere of accountability for all working partners.
- Risk tolerant and solution oriented.
- Able to articulate and defend decisions as well as communicate clearly with cross functional teams.
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
- Fluency in Mandarin and/or German would be amazing, but are not required.
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Director of Quality and Regulatory
- Working in Global Quality and Regulatory
- This role will work cross functionally with Sourcing, R&D, Engineering Implementation Group, and Customer Experience.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.