Director of Partnerships (Product)
Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital, Primary Venture Partners, 01 Advisors and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators, and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses. Through a chat interface, personalized service, and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
We’re looking for a dynamic, self-motivated Director of Partnerships who will be responsible for product led growth and expansion of Electric by developing broad and deep alliances with key technology and SaaS partners. Our vision is to establish partnerships with top business software companies to better recommend and deploy best-in-class configurations for our customers.
The Director of Partnerships will collaborate with the executive team to build and maintain a pipeline of relationships with potential partners, taking responsibility for the relationship throughout all stages. This role takes primary responsibility for the execution and integration of new partnerships, partnering with key business partners across the organization, including product, engineering, marketing, finance, and any CS teams impacted. They will track, report, and optimize the performance of partnerships, including identifying issues as they arise, assessing possible solutions, and executing those solutions.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the Exec team to determine which technology partners to target, and the terms of those partnerships, aligned to our internal goals
- Identify, target, prospect, and close technology partnership arrangements that deliver value to the business, in accordance with company’s contract guidelines and policies
- Execute on 2020 partner vision to identify and formalize key partnerships, define how those partnerships fit into our product strategy, and lead execution on those integrations.
- Partner with marketing to identify and generate co-marketing opportunities
- Have a complete understanding of Electric goals, product and engineering strategy, decision-makers, organizational structure, technology and roadmaps
- Develop deep relationships with strategic partners and identify new ways to nurture those partnerships
- Keep internal teams at Electric informed on technology partnerships, plans, and growth opportunities
- Work with the product and engineering to inform on market data and trends to best align on roadmap needs and priorities
- Deliver a great experience to our partners when working with our organization - you will represent our brand and be our partners’ liaison internally
Who you are
- 10+ years work experience with 3+ years in product or product related role and 3+ years in partnerships or customer success type roles
- Deep understanding and experience with building software products, with ability to define and own product strategy and roadmap
- Strategic thinker who is also execution oriented; ideally has experience driving cross functional programs or processes
- Effective at building relationships (both internally and with partners), collaborating and influencing others; experience working with senior executives / partners in cross-company projects
- Ability to work in complex technology solution environments, and drive deep relationships with all stakeholders to deliver results
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment and less defined organization
- Strong team player who is also an independent thinker
- Software industry domain expertise (preferably SaaS) and the ability to understand complex technology problems
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.