Director, Product and Infrastructure Security at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about security innovation at scale and keeping the cloud safe for entrepreneurs and developers globally.
You will set the vision and direction for securing DigitalOcean’s technology stack, for both our public facing IaaS and PaaS products, as well as our management and corporate backplane. We’re seeking a leader who can define a roadmap towards reducing risk while enabling engineering at the pace of a high-growth technology company.
You’ll report directly to the Head of Security, and oversee our product security and infrastructure security functions. As a key decision maker for risk and security at DigitalOcean, you’ll influence our security roadmap and partner with many other teams across the organization to guide good security practices, architecture, and decision making.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Define and deliver our security capability roadmap that reduces risk to our products and our management plane, and creates confidence with our customers.
- Innovate security capability, organizational design, and process that allow us to achieve our security goals at the scale of the public cloud.
- Build security awareness and provide guidance on security architecture to technical and non-technical teams throughout the organization.
- Lead a team of talented security professionals and guide them on their professional growth.
- Represent DigitalOcean in our response to critical vulnerabilities from the hardware-layer up through our virtualization, services, and application stack.
- Communicate to executive leadership on the risks that DigitalOcean faces, our plans and progress on addressing risk, and the tradeoffs to consider while on that journey.
- Although DigitalOcean has a complex tech stack, we don’t expect you to be expert in everything—that’s why you have a team! But we do expect you to have experience with virtualization, vulnerability management, application security, threat modeling, and familiarity with network architecture, service design, identity management, and data protection.
- Experience leading cross-functional security teams, and in particular, a history of success in leading teams that regularly engage outside of the security organization.
- Ability to set multi-year direction and vision, and achieve milestones, while being adaptive in prioritization and process.
- Excellent communication skills for distilling complex security topics for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience coaching and mentoring team members, and acting as a manager of managers. Cascading culture, goals, and engagement styles to your teams.
- Interface with customers and the security community to build awareness about DigitalOcean security.
- Promote a friendly, trust-based, and collaborative security organization culture. There are no rubber stamps here, and we pride ourselves on being approachable when helping other teams accomplish their goals, while having the best interest of DigitalOcean in mind.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Security #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Security team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!