Director, Product: Data Product Owner at Reorg
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:20 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, May 26, 2020
Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
We are looking for a product leader to drive our data strategy by unearthing opportunities in our vast data repository. Reporting to the Head of Product, Strategy, and Innovation, you will discover and prioritize data opportunities, propose products out of that data discovery, and orient the execution company-wide that supports data integrity, quality, and differentiation as a core capability across the company.
- Scale and create databases that highlight our core content for customers delivering access to differentiated data into their daily workflows
- Create a best-in-class data management and workflow capability internally to underlie our growth strategy
- Create standard definitions across all of Reorg’s data
- Drive our API and data feed distribution strategy to target market segments
- Interface with clients to communicate and seek feedback on data-driven roadmap as well as future initiatives, zeroing in on opportunities to address specific insight, intelligence, data, and workflow needs
- Develop market-facing collateral to showcase our data-driven roadmap as well as internal collateral for board meetings and company-wide events
- Work with internal project stakeholders from marketing, sales, operations, community and executive management to translate customer needs into a product
- Own the line of business's data strategy of capturing, enhancing and storing critical data elements enabling its data-driven approach
- 7+ years in data-focused product management
- Experience working in the financial services industry, particularly in credit
- Experience marketing and selling APIs
- Experience assessing market dynamics, competition and illustrating the impact of those dynamics on corporate and product strategy
- An analytical mindset and strong established facility with a variety of tools including Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience with databases, ETL processes and SQL
- Proven facility or an ability to quickly adopt product-level analytical tools like Heap, Domo, and Tableau
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal and experience presenting to senior level leadership
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Skilled at partnering with people in a matrixed environment where the best ideas can come from many places at all levels of the organization
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details, nothing is too small for you in an intense growth-oriented environment
- Someone who likes math and connects dots between analytical outputs and the stories they tell
- A big thinker who sees lots of opportunities while understanding that big ideas must be supported by thorough analysis, articulation and execution
- An influencer with a proven ability to drive consensus between stakeholders
- High performance standards as demonstrated by academic or previous job experience
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Read Full Job Description