WHO WE ARE:
Resy is the American Express global dining platform. Our mission is to power the world’s best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. We serve 5,000 restaurants globally.
Our customers discover the amazing world of restaurants thanks to our content-rich website and innovative mobile app. Our diners are insiders, and we love having them at the table.
We’re hiring, too. Interested in joining our team of restaurant-obsessed explorers? Right this way.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Resy is seeking a Director, Product Design to join our team. The ideal candidate is both a sophisticated leader and a successful people manager. They are as comfortable addressing an executive team as they are getting into the weeds on design day-today. We are looking for someone who has a history of building and leading teams that apply design-led thinking to influence product strategy, design execution, and operational excellence. Our Director, Product Design will play a key role in stakeholder management, collaborating with several teams and customers. They have established themselves as an impactful thought partner with a commitment to deliver products with a seamless user experience, and a bold unique aesthetic. They are able to take well-calculated risks and have a deep understanding of the product development process.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead and develop a team of world-class designers responsible for ensuring Resy has extremely thoughtful and beautifully designed products.
- Cultivate a healthy design process for the cross-functional team and be a key contributor to your org's product strategy collaborating closely with Product and Engineering leadership to shape the product roadmap
- Lead by example by bringing a user-centered mindset to solve user problems by conceptualizing and designing solutions that meet/exceed strategic objectives from various departments (marketing, platform, growth, margin, retail, etc.)
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable products.
- Effectively communicate your team's product goals (both within the team and outside the team), and be responsible for overall team performance and health, resource allocation, project prioritization, and building a culture of design excellence.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 7 - 10+ years of experience designing and delivering products in cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience recruiting, hiring, managing, and developing a high performing team. Ability to produce elegant UI designs using industry best practices of typography, color, graphics, and layout.
- A risk-taker with a bold vision and passion for great design.
- Strong portfolio showing a successful track record of building and implementing thoughtful, high-quality, strategic, and scalable products both on B2B and B2C platforms, and across native apps and web.
- Experience using analytics, user research and other approaches to help make decisions and iterate on the product.
- Experience running product design teams that collaborate effectively with engineering managers and product leaders.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Executive presence combined with strong conviction to make decisions fearlessly.
Resy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.