Are you looking to join a rocketship? Are you ready to build a business that is redefining an industry and launching products that help members improve their mental and physical well being? Do you love partnering with and leading teams, obsessing over customer experience and building businesses that scale? If so, keep reading...
- Peloton is looking for a Director of Product- Ecommerce Payments to build out our global payments infrastructure. This leader will be responsible for setting the roadmap, building the product team and partnering with tech, finance and International teams to deliver.
- Set vision: Build the product vision and create a roadmap for Peloton payments globally that expands Peloton’s ability to collect payments from customers, from credit card to financing to gift cards and wallets.
- Build Redundancy: Identify and onboard new payment providers to meet Peloton’s global business requirements. Build redundancy in the payments options across marketplaces.
- Ensure Data Integrity: Partner with the accounting team to define purchase and post purchase (returns, refunds, cancelations, partial cancelations, etc) financial workflows to ensure data financial integrity.
- Build automation: partner with tech and accounting to build automation across all transactional ecommerce workflows
- Tooling: build customer service tooling and workflows to manage post purchase financial transactions
- Scale Warranty program: expand warranty program across products and marketplaces.
- Build for scale: You will partner with the ecommerce tech team to deliver the roadmap that balances feature development with long term scaling.
- Obsess over customers: you will drive market research, user research, data analysis and user testing that informs product requirements to build the leading ecommerce platform for connected fitness.
- Think big: Internally, this role will inspire the organization to think differently and innovate around payments. You will provide thought leadership that will help the team scale as.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of work experience in product management roles working with engineering teams. D2C ecommerce a big plus.
- 5+ years managing and leading teams of product managers and designers. You have led a product team for a business that has achieved significant scale over a short period of time. A big plus if the company has achieved annual revenue in excess of $1BN
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting to large groups and executive teams.
- Strong customer obsession: you enjoy obsessing over getting the customer experience right
- You earn trust with your direct team and stakeholders: you listen, you are inclusive, you treat others with respect, and you are willing to be vocally self-critical
- Hire and develop the best: you value coaching your team and developing leaders. You have a demonstrated track record of hiring strong talent and moving them through the organization
- Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- Data driven - you lean on data to make decisions and when you don’t have data, you search for customer anecdotes to gain insights
- You are a builder-- you like to invent on behalf of customers. You are comfortable working with ambiguity.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.