We're looking for an experienced product platform leader to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll serve as the product leader for Flatiron’s HC Platforms team, which supports all of our cancer-center focused software solutions. Flatiron's Platform team provides the infrastructure, architecture, tooling, and data capabilities that enable Flatiron's continued growth in pursuit of our mission to learn from the experience of every cancer patient. Reporting to the VP of Product Management, you'll be responsible for developing and owning the technical vision and roadmap for the infrastructure and tooling that underpins our software products and improves the experience and efficiency of our internal development teams. In addition, you'll also:
- Manage a team of talented product managers focused on software projects with high technical risk and high coordination complexity, to improve the reliability, performance and security of our flagship products for cancer centers.
- Align our product development efforts with our business strategy of retaining and growing the network of cancer centers who use our software products.
- Collaborate with customers and customer-facing teams, define outcomes, prioritize relentlessly and inspire cross-functional teams from design through successful rollout of new features and infrastructure improvements.
- Prioritize, evangelize and celebrate technical infrastructure and software release quality improvements to business stakeholders and our customers.
Who You Are
You're a seasoned Product Manager leader with at least 8 years of experience in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment. You have a sharp analytical mind, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a passion for taking on some of the most complex challenges of our time. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have BA/BS degree in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- You have strong project management skills and excellent organizational and communication skills
- You have a strong understanding of software projects’ development, roll-out, and support risks
- You have strong technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have managed a team of product managers previously, building strong product culture and career paths for your direct reports
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.