At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You are a growth-minded leader who loves to think about the scalability and efficiency of systems with an out of box thinking. You are excited to solve problems of automating workflows, building easy to use internal products and user experiences for your colleagues, and you think about how internal products can be leveraged for external. customer innovation.
Justworks is growing fast and creating new products and services. As we scale, our internal teams are the ultimate users of Justworks products, and we aim to have best in class internal tools and experiences. You will drive the expansion of our internal platforms and products in partnership with Engineering, Design, and all of our Operations functions.
This position will report into the Product organization .
What You'll Do
- You will be driving the planning and strategy of products, tools and systems used Justworks employees and internal teams
- You will map modular systems and work with Engineering and Design partners to craft a validated roadmap
- You will map the strategy around integration of internal systems with various SaaS platforms.
- You will collaborate with Justworks employees to pilot new products that could eventually be launched to Justworks customers
- You will work in Agile environment and encourage best practices and reflections
As the Director of Product, Internal Products, you will be responsible for shaping the direction of our internal products, systems and workflows
This role spans product management and business operations. You are both a product and experience thinker, and a people leader with empathy, vision and strong communication skills.
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Product Director how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- 7-10 years of work experience in Product Management developing internal tools, HR Tech experience preferred
- 3-5 years management experience
- Experienced working in a fast-paced, high growth company
- Strong analytical ability paired with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to map systems
- Experience crafting high-impact roadmaps with clearly defined value propositions, based by data and insights
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional projects, juggling competing priorities, stakeholders, and tasks as needed
- Holistic thinker — you’re able to synthesize and connect the dots across our business and product. You understand the larger system, as well as its component parts; you understand how small decisions or changes impact the broader customer or product experience.
- Proficient with SQL
- Degree in CS or related
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment