Director of Product - Machine Learning Platform at <intent>
<intent> isn’t your usual company. Our work is powered by the premise that every person at <intent> is unique, possessing a distinct set of skills, personality and passions. We embrace our collective talents to tackle technical challenges, refine our successfully disruptive business ideas and co-create one of the most human and inspiring work cultures out there. We are a team of deep collaborators, valuing and rewarding shared success over individual heroics.
Are you a Product Manager with a skill for identifying and solving real market problems? Are you passionate about driving the end-to-end development of innovative new products? Are you equally comfortable discussing KPI's with the Head of Sales as you are describing your detailed product requirements with engineers? <intent> is looking for just such an individual to fill our new Director of Product role.
The Director of Product will be responsible for owning the machine learning & data platform that supports our customer facing applications, and will help define our platform vision and make it a reality by managing and mentoring a team of Product Managers. The Director will mentor PMs to define products from existing needs and help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers, prospects and internal stakeholders. Together with our engineering Directors, the Director of Product will turn these ideas into reality in an agile environment, creating solutions to the problems our customers are facing.
In addition to Machine Learning subject matter expertise and mentorship of Product Managers, the ability to break down complex problems to get at the core of what needs to be solved and find lean ways of validating solutions is critical to success in this role. Therefore, candidates must enjoy spending time understanding customer problems, and finding innovative solutions that apply to broad groups of customers. Candidates must possess a blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
What You Will Do:
- Manage a team of Product Managers who are tasked with owning a) how data flows through our system, from processing individual searches all the way through reports and b) evolving our real-time ML platform to support a broad range of predictions across digital commerce categories
- Work closely with brilliant engineering, analytics, and Data Science teams on interesting and complex problems
- Listen to clients and prospects, and keep up to date on market and regulatory trends, to identify needs and opportunities for our data platform
- Ensure that our data collection and retention practices comply with regulations (e.g. GDPR) and industry norms (e.g. opt-outs, cookie policies)
- Be highly involved in the entire product development life cycle, from ideation to data analysis
- Develop and present product plans and proposals to senior management
- Provide day-to-day product support to sales and business development as needed
<intent> is looking for a seasoned, ambitious Director of Product to join our team.
- Track record of successful decision making in a product context that led to meaningful positive outcomes
- Track record of successful interactions with C-level stakeholders internally and externally
- 10+ years experience working in a data product management role, ideally with past experience building high-scale machine learning platforms
- Deep knowledge of high-scale data platforms, machine learning, and data science
- Strong SQL skills and comfortable with analyzing data
- Knowledgeable about best practices and regulatory requirements around user data privacy, such as GDPR and browser data collection policies
- Familiarity with dashboard / business intelligence products such as Tableau (Preferred)
- Computer Science, Science or Engineering degree (Preferred)
- Work experience in e-commerce, web analytics, ad tech and/or mobile development (Preferred)
- Keen attention to detail
- Adept at prioritization and ROI analysis even amidst ambiguity
- Self-directed and able to work with a high degree of independence
- Outstanding communicator across all media (verbal, stories, spreadsheets and presentations)
- A passionate champion for the innovative products we create
- Curious, creative, collaborative
- A team player, who gets a kick out of an energetic, fun and relaxed work environment
<intent> is the data science company for the world’s leading online commerce and travel brands. Our Predictive Intelligence Platform uses patented technology to predict user behavior in real-time and identify the future value of every user. Over 450 innovative brands from more than 40 countries trust Intent’s real-time predictions to deliver personalized user experiences that maximize utility and ROI.
Our team is over 100 people and our offices span globally. We’re headquartered in NYC with locations in London, Kuala Lumpur, and Sao Paulo.
Every day, we’re inspired by two pursuits. First, we’re building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, we’re building the company we’ve always wanted to work for — one that’s open, human and collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas and get things done. We’re included on Built in NYC's Best Places to Work list and have been on Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC list for seven years running.
Love Your Job:
Our employees enjoy coming to work, and we let them know they're valued.
Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously.
We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, and so our flat structure and open communication invite innovation from all levels — ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation, stock options, and great perks & benefits, including:
- Flexible paid time off
- A generous parental leave policy
- A beautiful, dog-friendly office in SoHo with drinks and snacks
- An open environment with lots of natural light
- Annual $2,000 learning budget and Citi Bike membership
- Access to Fond, our employee perks program featuring deals and discounts on hundreds of products and services
- Access to Sherpaa, a telehealth service with 24/7 support
- Company-wide social events, and more!
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks!