Director of Product Management, Classification Products at DoubleVerify
Director of Product Management, Classification Products
Location: New York
Reporting Relationship: VP, Product Management for Brand Safety and Geo
DoubleVerify is the recognized market innovator with the technology and tools that accurately authenticate the quality of digital media and drive ad performance for the world's largest brands. DV provides media transparency and accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry. Learn more at doubleverify.com
The Product Director, Classification Products, is a critical and highly visible role that will own and deliver new product development of DV’s world-class Content Classification and Contextual Analysis system. As a Director of Product Management, you’ll manage a team of Product Managers building a system that analyzes hundreds of millions of pages and videos per day, combining Ontological and Machine Learning approaches to provide leading global brands with the most accurate and safe results in any digital environment, including Apps, Web, Youtube, Facebook, etc.
In this role, you will be responsible for the Classification product roadmap, ideate innovative features, formulate product strategy, assess competitive landscape, collect requirements, work closely with engineering teams, and evangelize product capabilities internally and externally. You’ll manage other Product Managers and help lead a cross functional team that creates products for advertisers and publishers across the digital landscape.
The ideal candidate is data driven, able to drive decisions from large amounts of data and has extensive product management experience. Leadership skills and outstanding analytical skills are crucial for this role. Familiarity with, or ability to quickly learn about content classification is key for success in this role.
- Manage a team of Product Managers and lead the ideation, technical development and launch of DV’s Content Classification products
- Understand product's strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry
- Lead roadmap creation across all Classification products
- Collaborate with other product and engineering teams in order to ensure successful launches
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Collect feedback and functional needs from global internal teams and customers, and develop product requirements accordingly.
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking
- 8+ years of combined full time working experience
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management
- 2+ years of management experience with direct reports under your guidance and leadership
- Successfully led new product development driving all aspects from concept to launch.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantitative/Technical field
- Experience with product lifecycle management of revenue generating software products in a B2B setting
- Knowledge about content classification
- Experience with ML based classification
- Hands-on experience with SQL