Director, Product Management, DDI
NS1 optimizes delivery of the world’s most critical internet and enterprise applications. Only NS1’s platform is built on a modern API-first architecture that acts on real-time data and grows more powerful in complex environments, transforming DNS, DHCP, and IP Address Management (IPAM) into an intelligent, efficient, and automated system. NS1’s technology drives dramatic gains in IT efficiency and application performance, reliability, and security for the largest global enterprises, including Salesforce, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Nielsen, Pitney Bowes, Squarespace, Pandora and The Guardian. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers in the most mission critical parts of their stack.The Role
NS1 is looking for an experienced Product Manager to drive the next major evolution of our solution, bringing modern technology to the on-premise DNS, DHCP and IPAM market. You will work closely with customers and partners to understand market needs, and work with engineering teams to deliver innovative solutions suited for today’s complex enterprise environments. As a subject matter expert, you will work with sales, marketing and customer success to effectively launch and support your product. You will be instrumental in driving revenue, profit, customer acquisition and satisfaction, and overall business growth. Working closely with our user experience and engineering teams, you will guide efforts and rapidly deliver new features, enhanced performance and deliver other product advancements, prioritizing customer outcomes over roadmap output. You will also monitor your product’s success, iterating the product strategy in response to market data and evolving market needs.Your Skills:
- 7+ years of experience working in a product management role including:
- Identifying market opportunities and understanding the fundamental market needs
- Building business cases and prioritizing across diverse projects
- Working in cross-functional teams to deliver innovative solutions that delight customers
- Ability to clearly define required and desirable features, and work closely with engineering and customers to find the right balance between delivery speed and functionality.
- Experience acting as a product team leader working with engineering, user experience, marketing and sales to plan and deliver products and services.
- Experience translating company strategy into a high-impact product strategy and working through the tradeoffs to maintain a well-defined roadmap.
- Demonstrated ability to consolidate and process team input and user feedback, fostering a continuous cycle of feedback and improvement for your products.
- Skill in evaluating customer and NS1 benefits each project brings, and working through competing priorities to select the top projects.
- Strong communication and influence skills working to explain product value to customers and partners.
- Passion for technology and an ability to dive deep into NS1’s tech stack and architecture to better understand our solutions.
- Solid understanding of enterprise software environments, web technologies and SaaS-based products.
- Market experience and technology familiarity with DDI, and with layer 2 and 3 networking equipment, is highly desired.
- Experience with pricing strategy and methods for software and SaaS based products
- Our globally distributed platform is comprised of many subsystems including:
- Custom built DNS software that’s deployed on physical hardware and an anycasted network that spans nearly 30 facilities globally
- REST API, and Portal
- Deployment automation, CI/CD, unit/integration testing
- Monitoring, metrics collection and alerting
- Traffic load balancing, filtering, and DDoS mitigation tools
- Messaging, persistent DB and caching systems
- Other technologies and integrations include:
- Linux, Ansible, Docker & other container platforms
- BGP, BPF/IPTables, SDN, packet analysis
- MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, SQL
- Python (Twisted), Bash, C, C++14, React, Redux, D3
- Hadoop/HDFS/OpenTSDB, Grafana, Bosun
- Integrations with third party SaaS, APIs, and libraries, various Open Source projects including REST API clients and integrations
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary and stock options)
- medical, dental, and vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours and time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.