Director - Product Management - Infrastructure - New York Hub at Veeva
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:39 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, June 29, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
Crossix Analytics is a business within Veeva dedicated to advancing healthcare marketing with analytics, innovative planning, targeting, measurement, and optimization solutions. Positioned at the center of big data, innovative technology, and multichannel media, Veeva Crossix provides most life sciences companies with insights to help make strategic business decisions and drive improved patient outcomes.
Do you love finding the most efficient solutions to challenges related to scaling infrastructure to support large data sets, faster responses, and rock-solid stability? Are you a product manager who is passionate about processes and the technical backend of products? Do you want to work at a company that lives its values and helps life science companies answer their strategic marketing and analytics questions? If you answered yes to all of these – this role is for you!
This role is a leader in our product management organization that will have responsibility for the requirements, roadmap, and leading projects related to improvements to our infrastructure. This role will work closely with our product managers and business stakeholders to understand their needs and translate those into requirements and projects for our engineering teams. You must love working with engineers and have a keen aptitude for translating business outcomes into technical outcomes.
What You’ll Do
- Launch infrastructure and applications that will drive enhanced scale and efficiency demands.
- Own the creation and review of documentation for our analytics creation applications, their processes, and the infrastructure that supports them.
- Develop, manage, maintain and communicate the infrastructure and related application’s development roadmap.
- Work with internal stakeholders to prioritize and manage development efforts across multiple development teams.
- Lead end-user feedback sessions with users and stakeholders to incorporate into product updates.
- Create and oversee the development of workstreams and timelines for internal and external teams.
- 5+ years of experience in product management of SaaS platforms that must manage large amounts of data and challenging data processing timelines.
- Working knowledge of common cloud-based offerings for data management, data processing, and application hosting with deep knowledge of AWS offerings preferred.
- Proficiency with SQL.
- Experience working with engineering teams based around the world.
- Experience creating requirements for file-based and API-based data exchanges.
- Experience working with engineers on creating requirements for ETL processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Nice to Have
- Experience working with analytics applications.
- Past experience working for a measurement or research solution company.
- Past experience working as a software developer, sales engineer, or solution architect.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.