At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
The Justworks Product Management Team drives customer outcomes and business strategy via best-in-class practices, deep collaboration with functional partners, and ongoing connection to customers and prospects.
We are looking for a seasoned Product Management leader who is well versed in B2B SaaS, Agile practices, and has experience scaling Product Management teams in an evolving services-oriented environment.
As the Director of Product, you will be responsible for leading a team of seasoned and senior Product Leaders, Project Managers, or Program Managers who partner with Design, Engineering, Marketing, Corporate Strategy and other company functions to craft product strategy for our core product user workflows across Payroll and People Management Tools, drive adoption of existing products and features, make buy/build/partner recommendations, and partner with third parties to create unique and differentiated value propositions for our customers. You will also be responsible for owning and scaling our processes and operations across multiple product lines and vertically-organized teams.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Lead a team of product managers, program managers, analysts, or APMs across multiple Payments and HRIS domains. You will mentor your teams to improve their skills and empower them. You will create psychological safety and a culture of belonging, learning and growth.
- Craft and maintain overall processes and operations for the Product Management department, in partnership with Agile Program team.
- Define, socialize, and roll out standard operational frameworks.
- Partner with Engineering, Design, Product Marketing, and product teams across Justworks to ensure velocity, and scalable practices as our teams double in size over the next two years.
- Understand Justworks’ strategic goals, connecting these to your teams’ missions, weaving them into our product strategy to ensure that your teams’ investments and innovations are aligned with the needs of the company.
- Craft and manage an Associate Product Manager program to ensure robust internal pipeline of Product talent.
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Director of Product Management, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Plans and Aligns - breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions; stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules.
- Business Insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- You have a minimum of 10 years of work experience in Product Management for tech/software products, preferably B2B
- You have a minimum of 5 years of team management experience
- You have a minimum of 3 years driving product delivery across multiple teams and domains
- You have experience building and maintaining Product documentation and operations at scale
- You are a strong communicator and storyteller, communicating concepts and ideas in different formats depending on the need, and revise your approach.
- You have strong project management skills, with a proven track record of successful delivery of projects on time, in line with company strategy
- You make space for reflection and proactive learning.
- You are an assertive prioritizer.
- You set high standards for yourself and others and are able to help others meet these with a growth mindset. You create psychological safety for your teams to grow.
- You have a product mindset and track record of working well with and earning the respect of product teams.
- You have deep experience working in cross functional, Agile-based development.
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment