Director of Product Management - Provider Services at Zocdoc
Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting September 13 until the end of the year, our hybrid model will consist of two encouraged in-office days (Wednesday & Thursday); there will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission:
Telehealth adoption has risen rapidly after COVID-19. Zocdoc responded by launching an easy to use, free Telehealth product that allows providers to easily treat patients virtually. For patients, the Zocdoc Video Service is a simple experience, integrated into the Zocdoc platform, but the experience before the appointment is anything but. Virtual care has taken traditional paper-driven appointment intake from something archaic and annoying to something that’s urgently broken. Practices struggle to get the information they need and patients deal with duplicative and insecure ways of passing their more personal information to a practice.
Zocdoc has an opportunity to solve this for both patients and providers by extending our seamless booking experience into a great appointment experience. In this new role, you’ll be responsible for doing just that, and by doing so introduce Zocdoc to orders of magnitude more patients than previously possible.
You’ll drive the product development that validates the provider and patient demand for a re-thought appointment experience, whether booked through Zocdoc or not. Success will be measured by the number of patients who use the product. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to build a new product line from start to success, building a better healthcare experience for millions of patients.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Excited about making something totally new exist in the world.
- Enjoy finding the thread in a system of unimaginable complexity - healthcare is nearly 20% of the US economy and it affects everyone in profound ways. The number of participants in the system, strange incentives, operational models, and other technologies you’ll have to deal with is incredibly varied and you’ll need to love learning about and working through the complexity of this industry.
- Experienced and passionate about all aspects of product management, including identifying market opportunities, defining product vision and roadmap, developing business cases, driving execution activities, and measuring results.
- A communicator and collaborator. You know how to turn a vision into reality, and get a diverse group of stakeholders and constituents excited, and onboard.
- A team builder, mentor and coach. You believe in creating diverse and inclusive teams and understand that coaching and feedback is a necessary tool for business and individual growth.
Your day to day is…
- Bringing a new product to life on Zocdoc, focused on delivering an amazing patients-first experience before and after the appointment.
- Serving as the business owner for this product line, leading a cross-functional team of dedicated product, engineering, and design professionals, as well as colleagues from sales, marketing, and operations all focused on growing this product successfully.
- Defining and communicating a multi-year vision for how providers digitally engage with their patients around the appointment.
- Recruiting, coaching, and developing an inclusive team of product managers to execute on this vision.
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 8+ years of product experience growing successful consumer, saas, or usage-based products.
- Created order of magnitude growth in revenue, users, engagement or other key metrics.
- The ability to build consensus around the product roadmap and communicate the vision simply to a broader organization.
- Experience translating objectives into specific tactical plans. You’ll need to define, measure, and improve key product metrics.
- Analytical horsepower and a natural curiosity to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems.
- Built and led a team of great product managers.
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% covered health care for employees
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.