Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting September 13 until the end of the year, our hybrid model will consist of two encouraged in-office days (Wednesday & Thursday); there will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission:
At Zocdoc we’re building the best experience for millions of patients to find a great doctor. As the head of Zocdoc’s Product Verticals, you’ll be responsible for growing and leading the product managers who make this happen. Connecting patients with providers is central to our business - the newly formed Verticals group comes with the scope and mandate to change to how our core business grows. Each team within the Verticals group will take business ownership of individual specialties, building deep industry and customer expertise, identifying opportunities and bringing them to life.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- A builder who doesn’t just want to optimize something already established, but wants to bring new products to market
- Loves the challenge of zero-to-one product and business ownership
- Well versed in all elements of product development, from ideation all the way through to testing and validation
- A storyteller who’s passionate about consensus building, vision setting, and leveraging data to validate and inform strategy
- Passionate about coaching and building strong teams, and a team culture that’s inclusive, supportive, and biased towards action
- Business ownership minded, and love digging into the numbers to deliver innovation and growth
Your day to day is…
- Defining and communicating a vision for how patients find the services they need on the Zocdoc Marketplace
- Recruiting, coaching, and developing a team of product managers to build, and execute against a collective vision
- Working in close partnership with Marketing, Sales, and Business ops to drive provider and patient growth to bring new healthcare verticals to life
- Work in collaboration with Engineering, Design, Data Science, Marketing, BI, Sales, BD, and Business Operations to ensure all stakeholders are on vision, flying in formation and helping to grow the Marketplace business
- Building consensus around the product roadmap and communicating the vision across the organization in an inspirational and understandable way
- Creating and launching healthcare-changing products and features to better help patients find and book great care
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Demonstrated experience successfully owning objective improvements in revenue, user growth, engagement, or any other metrics
- An ownership mentality with the ability to develop and execute product initiatives in line with the business strategy
- Experience leading all aspects of product management. That means identifying market opportunities, defining product vision and roadmap, developing business cases, driving execution activities, and measuring results
- Analytical horsepower and a natural curiosity to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems
- Experience translating objectives into specific tactical plans. You’ll need to define, measure, and improve key product metrics
- Extensive experience with key consumer marketing growth levers such as Paid/SEM, SEO, Social, etc…
- Experience building and leading an inclusive, supportive and collaborative team of great product managers
- 8+ years of product background with success growing consumer products
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (when back in office)
- Parental leave
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.