Director of Product Management
Compass is building an agent centric real estate platform that helps agents and consumers effectively work with one another to buy and sell homes. As a Director of Product Management at Compass you will be responsible for setting direction and driving major strategic and product initiatives. You will work closely with our senior leadership and agents to define product strategy, build roadmaps, and lead our product development efforts around key aspects of the Compass agent’s experience. You’ll manage and mentor a team of product managers and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team that includes UX Designers, Software Engineers and Product Marketing Managers.
At Compass You Will:
- Lead a cross functional team comprised of product, engineering, design and user research for Search and Core Experience that results in shipping high quality products
- Work with agents, product marketing and product support to understand and analyze user needs and turn those into a product plan, roadmap and detailed specifications
- Use detailed specifications as your foundation, collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new features that are highly usable
- Develop junior product managers by helping to set product strategy for them and coaching them on the mechanics of being a great product manager
- Understand Compass’ strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry
What We Look For:
- Proven leader that knows how to manage and grow teams
- User centric product management approach - focuses on user problems and building solutions around them that delight users
- Strategic product thinker - you can examine the changing landscape and use that information to define product strategy and prioritize the problems to solve
- Technically proficient and able to work closely and get buy in from engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that allows you to influence other teams, create clarity, and drive focus on complex problems
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Check out our Engineering blog!