Director, Product Management
At White Ops, we’re all hackers. This doesn’t mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves and each other.
We think big and move fast.
We practice humility.
We “pwn it”.
What we do:
We keep the internet safe by fighting organized cybercrime. Our products accurately detect and prevent even the most sophisticated bots and our customers include some of the web's largest and most forward-thinking companies.
Our team of Product professionals are entrepreneurial, curious, and driven. We are passionate about our mission of keeping the internet safe by fighting organized crime.
We support and challenge one another and regularly hold team learnings, product reviews and progress updates to fly faster. We strive to develop a highly collaborative team that works well with all the other teams to meet our clients’ needs.
What you'll do:
- Own the vision for your products.
- Be obsessively passionate about the product. Dream about it. Be able to clearly articulate what a winning product looks like.
- Create and own the process to build and regularly refine a 1 year customer focused product roadmap. Create an analytical approach for effectively evaluating ROI and executing trade-off decisions.
- Work closely with our R&D team to create a process to turn well defined requirements and priorities into features that delight our customers.
- Build a kick-ass user experience for our customers
- Regularly meet with customers and industry influencers to evangelize our products and gather input on our strategy and roadmap.
- Inspect and adapt to continually improve execution
- Create business case for new products
- Drive key industry partnerships and lead initiatives collaboratively that bring fundamental changes to protect the internet
- Do whatever is necessary; general manager / co-founder / owner mentality
- Work with product marketing to develop a go to market plan, pricing, positioning, sales tools and collateral
- Manager a small team of product managers
Who you are:
- 8+ years building software products in a product management role
- Passion for the White Ops mission of verifying the humanity of every online transaction.
- Experience building and leading a team of high performing product managers
- Coach and individual contributor willing to get their hands in the details
- Experience taking products from inception to launch to ongoing enhancements
- Self motivated and ability to motivate others. Lead through influence.
- Take a customer focused approach to building products. Passion for great user experience, from demo to implementation and ongoing customer success.
- Ability to build trust and empathy with internal stakeholders (engineering, sales, customer success) and with customers and industry influencers.
- High competence with Agile product management and processes
- Excellent communicator
- Highly collaborative
- Experience in adtech or cyber security
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical ability to heavily utilize data insights in decision making. Metrics driven.
- MBA is a plus
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
About White Ops:
Our mission is to protect the internet by verifying the humanity of every online transaction. Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, we now serve trillions of monthly decisions for some of the web’s largest platforms. Our technology protects digital advertisers, publishers, ad tech, and enterprise businesses globally by detecting and blocking bots. It’s an ongoing war that we happily fight every day.
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is centrally located in NYC in the heart of the Flatiron District. We had approximately 100% headcount growth in the past year and we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We have many world class customers who use our platform • We're focused and propelled by a substantive mission • We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity • We're committed to building a product companies need • We have created an environment that optimizes your skills and brings out your best work •