WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking an experienced Director of Product Management who will manage a team focused on supporting and expanding the reach of the Braze platform. You’ll join the Platforms & Channels team, which owns our SDKs and several core channels that are critical to the company's continued growth. You will lead the discovery and delivery of new capabilities designed for the messaging needs of enterprise users. You should have a passion for creating and leveraging leading-edge technologies to create complete customer solutions, enjoy getting out into the field to understand customer needs, and have experience bringing new product ideas to life using a data-driven approach.
The person filling this role will be expected to manage a team of product managers from day 1.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Define the product roadmap for your team – analyzing inputs from a wide variety of sources to prioritize the most important next steps for our product.
- Manage, hire, and coach a team of product managers.
- Deeply understand our customers, market, and technology environment.
- Collaborate closely with Product Designers, Engineers, Product Managers, Product Marketers, and counterparts across the business to scope effective solutions and ensure that we’re building excellent products.
- Establish and manage internal and external customer expectations.
- Lead product development in a lean, entrepreneurial start-up environment.
WHO YOU ARE
- 8+ years of Product Management experience.
- 2+ years of experience managing Product Managers.
- Recruiting experience, and a track record of building strong teams from sourcing to closing.
- Strong communication, collaboration, organization, and persuasion skills.
- A proactive, positive, can-do attitude. You drive projects to completion and are always looking for new ways that processes and products can be improved.
- Strong technical experience – you understand how distributed systems and mobile technology products work.
- An eagerness to learn and grow.
- Experience working at high-growth, high-scale technology startups through multiple stages of growth.
- SaaS experience, particularly in the Enterprise.
- Deep technical expertise, including experience as an engineer at the Senior level or higher.
- Deep knowledge of any of the following technology areas:
- Mobile platforms (iOS, Android)
- Design of software SDKs
- Marketing technology
- API design
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks and beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.