Built In is on a mission to unite technology professionals with their purpose. We do that through the power of content. Today, over one million registered users and 4.5 million technology professionals use our platform every year to learn about innovative companies, new technologies and further their careers.
The caliber of audience we’ve cultivated means that over 1800 companies--from the hottest tech startups to Fortune 500 companies undergoing digital transformation-- trust us to share their employer brand story and fill the technology roles that drive their strategy.
Because we can help employers find hard to recruit talent, our B2B side is thriving. In addition our users are finding great jobs and advancing their careers and knowledge of the tech world with Built In. That means we are rapidly growing our product and technology footprint as we are committed to building the leading SaaS product for employer branding and talent activation.
With venture funding of $30M to date with a $22M Series C raise in 2019, we are poised to disrupt recruiting for hard-to-fill roles and help technologists find their dream jobs--in their city, around the country or completely remote. If you are looking for an award-winning culture, have a desire to help people find their calling and want to be part of building best-in-class technology, Built In might fulfill your purpose.
Built In is looking for a passionate, experienced Director of Product Marketing to join our team. Reporting to our, the Director of Product Marketing will be responsible for leading our product marketing (PM) function.
As our team lead, you'll help define and establish best practices for product marketing at Built In. You’ll also ensure that for each product launch, we have a well-founded and tightly coordinated go-to-market (GTM) strategy in place. You’ll be a strategic consultant, player-coach, marketing visionary, and team leader. You’ll work with product management, engineering, sales, customer success, and more. You will improve the way we bring products to market at Built In.How you’ll contribute
- Build and enable an all-star team of product marketers to own, grow and scale product adoption, launch new products, and perfect product-market-message fit for Built In.
- Develop and continuously iterate on Built In’s product positioning, value propositions and messaging that inspires and differentiates Built from competition.
- Effectively manage cross-functional implementation of product marketing plans and establish best practices around PM by living at the intersection of sales, product management and marketing.
- Develop GTM launch templates for customers, customer-facing teams, prospects, and sales to ensure launch completeness, consistency, success -- and constant optimization.
- Ensure marketing program strategy and tactics are aligned to our buyer journey and brand to increase revenue-generating adoption and upsell opportunities.
- Create, update and store all product-specific content and collateral library that will be leveraged by internal and external-facing teams to help Built In effectively showcase customer’s success.
- Establish and optimize marketing support and processes for partners. Create messaging, value propositions and content to drive brand awareness, increase product adoption and fuel demand generation.
- 7+ years of product marketing experience
- 2+ years of managing Product Marketing Managers
- BA/BS in business or marketing/communications preferred
- Proven expertise and leadership in Product Marketing
- Ability to set process, coach others, and build relationships across teams
- Demonstrated success in crafting compelling value propositions
- Proven history of creating effective marketing programs that drive growth
- Comfortable working in a rapidly evolving environment
- Believes in our mission to empower HR teams
- Has built and scaled a PM function
- Experience in a HR or marketplace company
- Worked as a product marketer at both a large company and small startup
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.