Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
About Nifty Gateway
Nifty Gateway is the premiere, all-in-one platform that makes it easy to buy, sell, and store digital art and collectibles, otherwise known as Nifties (or NFTs). Nifty Gateway was founded by Duncan and Griffin Cock Foster in 2018, and acquired by Gemini in 2019, with the belief that crypto networks and the blockchain have the power to fundamentally change the art world by creating greater choice, independence, and opportunity for artists, creators, and collectors.
The Department: Product - Nifty Gateway
The Role: Director of Product, Nifty Gateway
We're looking for an entrepreneurial, mission-driven, Head of Product to help us define and grow our NFT marketplace product. This role will expand and build upon the vision of the product, define feature road-maps, and drive execution with our Engineering & Design teams. The ideal candidate has solid experience building consumer facing marketplace platforms, is driven by data and the needs of platform participants (creators and clients), and has a pragmatic approach to getting high impact enhancements to market quickly. Experience in product planning, customer discovery, and implementing product development processes are all vital for this role. Candidate must have experience both leading and building out teams. You will work with leaders in Engineering, Marketing & Design, and will be reporting directly to the C-Suite.
- Creating a bold vision for our products aligned with achieving our goal of providing a groundbreaking platform for both artists and consumers
- Develop the roadmap of features, adaptively planning forward and managing the implementation with engineering & design
- Build, recruit, and train a world-class product team
- Proactively think through organizational design and development as team scales
- Creating experiences that drive revenue, customer engagement, and connection with creators
- Collaborate to tailor messaging, packaging, and delivery of the solutions to market
- Bring creative ideas and process to a data-driven R&D process
- Define and manage world class UI/UX for platform participants
- 7+ years in consumer tech in a senior Product role
- Basic Information Architecture and Product Design Skills.
- Experience in product management with consumer facing products
- Previous experience with managing, recruiting, and scaling teams
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills during customer conversations and with our internal teams
- Have been a Director of Product, Head of Product, or VP of Product previously
- Passion for art, NFTs, and providing a groundbreaking platform for creators and clients
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.