Director – Product Packaging and Go-to-market
Merrill combines great people, best practices and advanced technology while empowering the communications of the world’s leading companies and professionals who support them. Whether it’s sales, finance, human resources, information technology and more, consider unleashing your talent at Merrill Corporation.
The Director Product Packaging and Go-to-market is responsible for developing new pricing and packaging approaches for existing and new products and rolling these out to the organization. The skillset required to be successful includes foundations in running AB tests, knowledge of SaaS pricing methodologies, communication skills to work with Sales teams and project management discipline ensuring timescales are met.
- Collaborate with leaders in our sales, marketing, and product organizations to craft new business models, define monetization strategies for new offerings, and optimize pricing and packaging for existing products
- Deliver pricing recommendations that follow a logically reasoned, data-driven approach, supported by appropriate market research and competitive analysis
- Define and implement pricing programs to drive customer adoption and expand routes to market
- Define and evaluate key business metrics to track pricing performance and enable continuous improvements
- Manage and own product A/B testing engagements
- Partner with key stakeholders in marketing, operations, and product to drive the A/B Testing process.
- Develop and drive pricing and packaging strategy across product and service lines (existing and new GTM)
- Engage cross-functional leaders in the development and socialization of new pricing strategies.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure buy-in and successful implementation
- Identify opportunities to increase revenue and margin from existing products and services through new pricing and packaging strategies
- Apply statistical analysis methods (incl. regression) to guide product packaging, pricing and sales GTM decisions
- Experience with pricing/operations and working with and supporting B2B enterprise sales organizations – direct and online
- Professional experience in financial modeling, data analysis, and the ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making
- Exceptionally strong communication and interpersonal skills, including experience effectively communicating with executives, product management, sales, marketing, clients and prospects
- Ability to juggle, prioritize and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Self-motivated with ability and desire to take ownership of projects and move processes forward
- Personal interest in technology and all things Big Data
- Personal experience running significant numbers of A/B tests, packaging and pricing scenarios and revenue model
- Experienced at defining price points at introduction, growth and maturity stage including bundling, unbundling and options scenarios
- Experience in A/B testing and surveying tools such as: Adobe Target, Optimizely, SiteSpect, Monetate, Visual Website Optimizer.