Director of Product, Payments New YorkAbout LeafLink
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 7,300 retailers and more than 2,800 brands across 30 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $4.4 billion in wholesale cannabis orders which translates to 39% of the overall legalized market.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2020’, as well as one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2021’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!What We’re Looking For
We are looking for a FinTech product leader with experience driving towards $1B+ in payment volume and managing a highly talented team to support aggressive growth targets . As a Director of Product for payments, you will be responsible for the entirety of our payments ecosystem. This includes digital onboarding, dynamic payment and credit preferences, supply chain financing, direct B2B payments,risk, compliance, banking & infrastructure that drive amazing seller & buyer experiences on our platform.
This role will partner with stakeholders to develop product strategy, define a roadmap, and drive adoption of the resulting payments experience. They will manage, grow, and coach a team of PMs who build and own portions of LeafLink’s payment platform, with the end goal of having the entire industry using LeafLink’s technology to pay for their wholesale orders.
An ideal candidate would have a bias towards action, solved complex problems and elevated a team of PMs & cross functional teams to deliver great product experiences.
- Define vision, strategy and roadmap for LeafLink’s payments products
- Develop cross functional relationships and gain buy-in to execute against payment roadmap
- Communicate vision, strategy, & roadmap across all levels of the organization to inspire action
- Set OKRs for the organization. Implement right processes & tools to drive towards success
- Hire & manage a team of Product leaders and senior PMs.
- Understand our customers, market, pain points and opportunities for future growth
- Own & support go-to-market efforts to drive adoption and growth of payments products.
- Evaluate build, buy or partner decisions to get high quality products to market faster
- Closely partner with design, engineering & data to deliver great experiences for our customers.
- At least 5 years of experience building products and 2+ years of experience managing PMs
- Experience building payments or financial tech products at scale.
- Deep understanding of payments, risks, credit, banking, compliance and key players in the industry
- Natural collaboration and communication skills with a track record of building positive relationships across a broad, diverse organization
- You are inspired by LeafLink’s vision, mission, and value system and are committed to driving us toward these pursuits daily.
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Company sponsored Annual Citibike Membership for NYC employees
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.