We are seeking a Director of Product, Platform to provide strategic product direction and leadership for our fast-paced, high growth company. The role will own the platform portfolio inclusive of data strategy, core architecture, and IAM, partnering closely with engineering and key cross-functional teams to conceive, develop, and ensure successful deployment of innovative software capabilities that map to customer and market needs, both external and internal.
Our ideal candidate has proven experience with lean product discovery, product process, and agile SDLC as well as technical expertise working on platform products. The candidate should also have proven experience building effective teams and communicating to the executive level. This individual will work cross-functionally with business functions while driving full lifecycle platform development (from business opportunity and conception to competitive analysis and validation to requirements and deploying tech to “sale-readiness” and in market follow-up activities.
What you’ll do
- Envision our Platform as Product approach and strategy, and lead our services to be built optimally for consumption by product engineers, external customers, and all platform teams.
- Participate in strategy and coordination of the Platform tribe’s roadmap, supporting agile delivery of projects at various platform tiers.
- Coordinate with product tribe leaders and chart the future of our platform and product together, answering the needs of our customers as well as the needs of our engineers. Make us as efficient, as agile, and as consistent as we can be as a Product/Engineering team.
- Develop and own the product roadmap for our platform, including product strategy, setting key performance metrics for your product portfolio, and tracking against key quarterly milestones
- Employ test and learn methodologies to validate product opportunities, using data to inform delivery
- Understand and empathize with customer needs, both internal and external, to inform and iterate on the product roadmap
- Develop product managers by helping to set product strategy for them and coaching them on the mechanics of being a great product manager to progress in their career path
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience in product management leadership
- 3+ years team management
- 3+ years building products for use by developers or other highly technical users
- Proven leadership experience while scaling/growing company and product line
- Demonstrate excellence in working in partnership with VP of Product and VP of Engineering
- Ability to manage and motivate teams both within and outside of reporting structure
- Proven experience owning marketing technology products and services
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and issues in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to drive development and release of new software offerings
- Ability to perform ongoing analysis and market surveying