Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $35 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Help us hack a thirteen trillion dollar industry by building a product that will allow more people than the status quo to own a home and build wealth rather than rent for life.
We know that people don’t buy mortgages; they get mortgages to solve some crucial need in their lives: buying a new home, saving money or getting much needed cash on hand. As a Director, Product overseeing the Purchase Journey team, you will work to transform the home buying journey for our customers by facilitating connections, optimizing evaluation, and ensuring progress, as well as unlocking financial opportunity & well-being for our customers.
This role presents a unique opportunity to craft the user experience for customers in the process of purchasing their dream home.
Responsibilities will include:
- Defining and owning the long term vision and roadmap for our Purchase experience — a suite of products that make the home purchasing process easier, faster and more delightful for our customers
- Managing a team of customer focused Product Managers
- Making magic out of a complex and antiquated industry through intense focus on simplification
- Building deep institutional knowledge of the mortgage process and customer journey
- Partnering with and lead cross functional teams like Design, Engineering, Sales, Operations, etc. to set product vision and strategy
- Defining and socializing the roadmap of your product area through deep research and understanding of business goals
- Bringing your solutions to market through ownership of the full product lifecycle: problem identification, solution design, spec, implementation and validation
- Going deep into both technical huddles with engineers and strategic discussions with executives
- Managing competing priorities with consistency and transparency
- You’ve worked for 10-12+ years in a customer facing product management capacity at a technology-driven organization
- You have 3+ years’ experience hiring and managing Product Managers
- You’re an analytical, metrics-driven thinker who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach
- You’re committed to collaboration and are able to work well with other business units to build iterative solutions that continuously deliver value
- You have a proven track record of entering a new space and building expertise rapidly
- You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty and are equally comfortable balancing tactical and strategic investments
- You have the mental resilience to know that we're just at the start of a long journey
- You challenge archaic processes to make them better for consumers by removing friction (aka you live to make complex things simple)
- You are comfortable in an ever-changing environment and have a passion for successfully navigating ambiguous problem areas
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and have a proven track record of building strong relationships with stakeholders
- Bonus: You have worked on complex, technical customer journeys, with both online and offline components
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Better.com is committed to paying NYC HQ salary bands, for all employees, regardless of where they are located and does not adjust salaries based on cost of living location. Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- A $500 stipend to set up the WFH office of your dreams
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits—including medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.