Transfix, named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Startups" in 2018, is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Join us, and leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
As the Director of Product, Shippers at Transfix, you will lead our product strategy and roadmap for how we continue delivering innovative solutions for some of the world’s largest shippers (eg. retailers, CPG’s, and manufacturers). This role encompasses everything from growing a self-serve platform for customers, to building specialized products for enterprises, to optimizing pricing strategies and infrastructure that drive sustainable growth. You will lead an extremely cross-functional team across Design, Engineering, Data Science, Sales, and Account Management and drive the full product lifecycle from inception to launch of new products.
If you are excited about tackling challenges to improve the lives of truckers and shippers across the country and reinventing an industry from the inside out, let’s connect.
What you'll do:
- Define product vision and strategy based on an in-depth understanding of our users, business, and industry
- Set KPIs and prioritize roadmaps to move the needle with cross-functional engineering, design, and ops teams
- Champion the needs and problems of our users to deliver innovative, industry-transforming products
- Manage product execution to ship quality products – write specs, coordinate across teams, run A/B tests, and interview users
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to determine the best solutions
- You have 8+ years of product management experience leading the successful delivery of breakthrough SaaS products
- You are customer obsessed and well-versed in a variety of user research techniques
- You have experience in a KPI-driven environment and have a history of successfully hitting goals
- You have cross-functional leadership skills within a user-centered, data-informed process
- You enjoy working with engineers and designers in a iterative, fast-paced environment
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.