Director of Product, Web Presence at Squarespace
The Product team at Squarespace is looking for a Director of Product, Web Presence to create and execute on a vision encompassing a broad swath of the product organization, including our award-winning publishing platform, Squarespace’s core product, our mobile apps, and interface architecture platforms - all of which empowers people with creative ideas to succeed.
As the Director of Product, Web Presence, you’ll develop high level product strategy, goal setting, product reviews, career development, team culture, and group operations to ensure we build an engaged product organization that ships great products. You’ll shape the direction of not only our existing products but also create and deliver new products to further differentiate Squarespace and strengthen our position in the market.
You are data-driven and motivated by business and customer impact impact. You have experience leading product teams that own large, complex product lines that drive adoption and paid user growth. You are deeply in touch with the needs customers, and build products they love. You are excited by questions that do not have obvious answers, you have a strong product design sense, an understanding of the engineering requirements to achieve those outcomes and the motivation to iterate to build best-in-class products; and you’re focused on interpreting data and maximizing business outcomes.
- Define product strategy for a marketing suite that drives ARPU expansion and user growth
- Collaborate with engineering and design to ship new, impactful changes and ensure consistency across the Squarespace platform overall — including preparing requirements documents and technical specifications, coordinating user research, and tracking progress across multiple workstreams
- Mentor and help set strategy for a team of product managers and coordinate with other managers to ensure appropriate staffing to achieve your goals
- Lead the hiring and development of a team of PMs to achieve our goals
- Partner with product marketing, customer operations, analytics, and strategy to further understand user needs and combine those needs into product strategy and roadmaps
- Build relationships throughout the organization by creating agreement on strategy, managing complex projects across multiple teams.
- Help shape processes and standards for product management at Squarespace
- 9 years of experience in product management, preferably in companies building marketing technology for small businesses, and at least 5 years experience managing product managers and diverse teams in a highly collaborative environment
- Communicate product vision and inspire teams, and present to customers
- Strong leader with the ability to inspire and motivate a team and foster strong team culture
- Experience successfully driving user growth and engagement of new product lines and finding product/market fit.
- Keen product intuition and UX design sensibilities, with an understanding of and empathy for users
- Deep curiosity, creative thinking, and a mindset of experimentation and learning
- Maximize efficiency in an evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 850 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.