Director of Product, Web Presence at Squarespace
The Product team at Squarespace is looking for a Director of Product, Web Presence to create and work on a vision encompassing a broad swath of the product organization, including our award-winning publishing platform, Squarespace’s primary product, our mobile apps, and interface architecture platforms - all of which empowers people with creative ideas to succeed.
As the Director of Product, Web Presence, you’ll develop high-level product strategy, goal setting, product reviews, career development, team culture, and group operations to ensure we build an engaged product organization that ships great products. You’ll shape the direction of not only our existing products but also create new products to further differentiate Squarespace and strengthen our position in the market.
You are excited by creating business and customer impact. You have experience leading product teams that own complex products that improve adoption and paid user growth. You are in touch with the needs customers, and build products they love. You are excited by questions that do not have obvious answers, you have a product design sense, an understanding of the engineering requirements to achieve those outcomes and the motivation to iterate to build outstanding products; and you’re focused on interpreting data and maximizing results.
- Partner closely with product, engineering, and design leadership to define product strategy for Squarespace’s main product, a CMS platform that empowers millions of businesses world-wide
- Collaborate with engineering and design to ship new, impactful changes and ensure consistency across the Squarespace platform overall — including preparing requirements documents and technical specifications, coordinating user research, and tracking progress across multiple workstreams
- Mentor and help set strategy for a team of product managers and coordinate with other managers to ensure appropriate staffing to achieve your goals
- Lead the hiring and development of a team of PMs to achieve our goals
- Partner with product marketing, customer operations, analytics, and strategy to further understand user needs and combine those needs into product strategy and roadmaps
- Build relationships throughout the organization by creating agreement on strategy, managing complex projects across multiple teams.
- Help shape processes and standards for product management at Squarespace
- 9 years of experience in product management, preferably in companies building marketing technology for small businesses, and at least 5 years experience managing product managers and diverse teams in a highly collaborative environment
- Communicate product vision and inspire teams, and present to customers
- Leader with the ability to inspire and motivate a team and foster strong team culture
- Experience driving user growth and engagement of new product lines and finding product/market fit.
- Keen product intuition and UX design sensibilities, with an understanding of and empathy for users
- Deep curiosity, creative thinking, and a mindset of experimentation and learning
- Maximize efficiency in an evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.