Director of Strategy at Imagen Technologies
Imagen is extending the frontiers of medicine and artificial intelligence (AI) to improve human well-being. In the short term, we are building state-of-the-art AI software to reduce diagnostic errors in radiology and improve patient outcomes. Over the long term, we are transforming early disease identification and management through our interdisciplinary research at the intersection of medicine and AI.
We’re a team of leading scientists, engineers, clinicians, and industry professionals from some of the top healthcare and technology organizations across the globe. Our clinical team is comprised of radiologists and surgeons from Mayo Clinic, Stanford Hospital, Hospital for Special Surgery, Boston Children’s Hospital, and other prestigious institutions. Imagen’s technical team is comprised of machine learning PhDs and engineers with extensive experience doing research and building technology and products at leading companies, including Google and Facebook.
We were founded in 2016 and have raised over $60M from leading venture capitalists, hospitals and health systems, and technology entrepreneurs. Our institutional investors include Google Ventures and Threshold.
We’re looking for a Director of Strategy who will partner with the Co-CEOs to help identify and pursue potential new business ventures and ideas that will contribute to the continued growth of Imagen. The ideal candidate will be able to own projects from end-to-end with minimal guidance and have a proven track-record of communicating and collaborating effectively with both internal and external stakeholders. This person will also be an independent thinker who can quickly get up to speed on any domain and has the ability to develop off-consensus perspectives. This role will report directly to the Co-CEO.
- Partner with Co-CEOs on idea generation, research, and operational execution of new business lines
- Conduct extensive primary and secondary market research to determine the potential of new business lines
- Develop and operationalize pilot business plans to test and validate initial research
- Evaluate learnings from pilots, and refine business plans focused on the highest potential opportunities
- Support fundraising efforts to ensure new business opportunities are appropriately capitalized
- Bachelor’s degree required - preferably with a major in Finance or Economics
- 5+ years of experience working as an Analyst in a top-tier long-short hedge fund
- Experience working in the healthcare services or healthcare IT industry is preferred but not required
- Rigorous, analytical thinking with the hunger to learn and grow quickly
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
This role is based in New York, NY